For Filipinos currently residing in Qatar and wish to enter into marriage, the following documents must be submitted to the Philippine Embassy in Doha. Below is a guide on the process & requirement that need to be accomplished at the Philippine embassy.
Note: The Embassy only solemnizes marriages only if both parties are Filipinos.
Once the application is received and processed, the wedding ceremony is scheduled to take place at the embassy. The original marriage contract will be issued after the wedding ceremony.
Marriage Guidelines at the Philippine Embassy in Qatar
Below are the Requirements on how to report marriage in Qatar:
- Contracting parties should be both Filipino citizens
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from NSO duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs ( original plus 4 copies)
- Birth Certificate of both contracting parties from NSO duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs ( original plus 4 copies)
- Photo and Signature page of Passport plus 4 copies each
- Six pieces photos (size 1X1 of both parties)
- Letter of No Objection to Marry issued by the employers of both parties
- Joint Affidavit of Intention to get married executed by contracting parties to be notarized by the Embassy
- Wedding Announcement/Notice to be posted for a minimum of 10 working days prior to the wedding date
- Application for Marriage License issued by the Philippine Embassy
Here is the breakdown of the fees you need to pay at the Philippine Embassy for the process of reporting marriage:
- Notarization fee for Joint Affidavit QR 100.00
- Application for Marriage License QR 100.00
- Marriage Solemnization QR 240.00
- Report of Marriage for NSO Registration QR 100.00
- If the contracting party is below 25 years old, an affidavit of consent signed by the parent/s is required.
- If the contracting party is annulled, submit annotated marriage certificate from NSO duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and original court decision.
- If the contracting party is a widow/er, submit marriage certificate and death certificate of spouse, both from NSO duly authentic
For other marriage-related inquiry, you can contact them on the below information:
Philippine Embassy Qatar
Address : Zone 68, Jelaiah Area Doha, State of Qatar – Location Map
P.O. Box No. 24900, St. No. 860, Doha, Qatar
Contact no: +974 4483 1585
Office Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
The embassy is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and on Philippine and Qatar-declared holidays. On weekends and public holidays, Filipinos in distress who need urgent assistance may call the duty officer during the usual office hours at telephone no. (+974) 4483 1585.
Map of Phil embassy in Doha:
Other Useful Articles:
- Requirements for Lost Passport Replacement
- Report of Marriage or Late registration at Philippine Embassy Qatar
- Contact Information of Philippine Embassy Qatar
Article Source: The Philippine Embassy Qatar – http://dohape.dfa.gov.ph/