Having a newborn baby may be the best thing that could happen in your life, it’s an addition to your family. But don’t forget to process the necessary requirements such as reporting the birth to our Philippine embassy.
It is important to register the birth of your son or daughter so that it will be added in our records and to also for passport issuance. Here’s some information on how you can process it.
Registering your Child’s Birth at the Philippine Embassy in Doha
Below are the requirements to bring to report your child’s birth so that it will be added in our Philippine system records:
- Original Birth Certificate (Qatar-issued white and yellow colored birth certificates) plus five (5) photocopies each
- Original Marriage Certificate of parents preferably issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs plus five (5) photocopies
- Five (5) photocopies of both parents’ passports (page with parents’ picture and signature)
- Duly accomplished Report of Birth Form and passport application form
Here is a list of fees you need to pay the Philippines Embassy for processing to report your child’s birth:
- Report of Birth – QR 100.00
- ePassport – QR 240.00
- If applying for Delayed Registration – QR 100.00
- (Additional fee for births not registered within one year from occurrence)
Be sure to have your newborn baby reported to the Philippine Embassy in Qatar as soon as possible because there’s an additional fee for a delayed registration. And wear appropriate attire when going to the embassy to process this.
If you have further questions about the report of birth and passport issuance of newborn, please contact:
Philippine Embassy Qatar
Address: Zone 68, Jelaiah Area Doha, State of Qatar
P.O. Box No. 24900, St. No. 860, Doha, Qatar
Contact no: +974 4483 1585
Office Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm