Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) who want to purchase a house for themselves, for their extended families, or do some improvement on their house may avail of the Direct Housing Loan Facility from SSS. This loan is applicable for members below 60 years old.
Members must be certified OFWs to apply for the loan. They also must have at least 36 months of contribution, and 24 continuous contributions prior to the loan application. A borrower can get a loan of up to P2,000,000.00. The loan is payable from five (5) to fifteen (15) years.
Who can Apply for the Direct Housing Loan Facility?
All SSS members enjoy benefits by remitting contributions regularly. For OFWs who want to purchase low-cost housing or renovate their property, the Direct Housing Loan Facility may just be the assistance they are looking for.
SSS defines Overseas Filipino Workers as:
- Currently working and holds a contract processed through POEA or authenticated by an Embassy abroad
- Holds an employment contract and is waiting for renewal or be deployed; in this case, the loan will be released once the OFWs contract is renewed or has been deployed abroad
- A Filipino national who now holds a foreign passport or immigrant but still want to purchase a piece of land in the Philippines
- A Filipino long-term resident of a foreign country but wants to purchase a land for their future use or for use of their extended families
Once the OFW applicant meet any of the criteria, they can now proceed to file their application at the nearest SSS cluster branch or at the Housing and Business Loans Department, 5F SSS Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
These are the documents to be presented when filing an application:
Original copy of the following:
- Mortgagor’s Application for Housing Loan with 1”x1” ID pictures of Principal Applicant and Spouse
- Certificate of Loan Eligibility (CLE) – (Php 100 Service Fee)
- Certification from POEA/ DOLE/ OWWA/ SSS Foreign Representative Office or Philippine Embassy/ Consular Office
- Deed of Sale or Contract to Sell with statement of latest balance for purchase of lot or house and lot
- Appraisal Report from Home Guaranty Corporation accredited appraisal companies
- Certificate of Acceptance and Occupancy duly signed by the borrower if house is 100% complete at the time of loan filing
- Duly notarized Special Power of Attorney (if filing is through a representative)
Original and Photocopy of the following:
- Latest Contract of Employment and latest Employer’s Certification duly authenticated by Philippine Consulate
- Owner’s copy of the TCT/OCT/CCT
- Certified true copy of TCT/OCT/CCT issued by the Register of Deeds
- Latest Property Tax Declaration and Realty Tax Receipt
- Lot plan with vicinity map duly signed and sealed by Registered Surveyor or Geodetic Engineer (Blue Print)
- Building plans/specifications/picture of the house (Blue Print)
- A set of twelve (12) postdated checks covering twelve (12) monthly instalments and shall be repeated every twelve (12) months thereafter until the loan is fully paid
- Tax Mapping/Subdivision Plan
- Affidavit of Undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS premium contributions for the duration of housing loan
- Present original and submit one (1) photocopy of required documents for authentication purposes
- Applicant and spouse must be up-to-date in the payment of all existing loan accounts with SSS subject to verification by the SSS
- SSS reserves the right to require additional documents if deemed necessary
- Application Fee – ½ of 1% of loan amount of P500.00 whichever is higher but not to exceed P3,000.00 to be deducted from the first loan release
- Inspection Fee – P500.00 for both within and outside Metro Manila
The maximum loanable amount is P2,000,000. The loan amount to be approved will also be based on these factors:
- Appraised collateral value of at least 70% but not more than 90%
- Borrower’s capability to pay
- Actual need of the borrower based on the contract to sell or scope of work and bill of materials as evaluated by an SSS representative
A borrower can apply for a socialized housing loan, and can expect up to P450,000 amount of loan. For the low-cost housing loan, the amount of loans are from P450,000 up to P2,000,000.
The loan can be paid in multiples of 5 years until 15 years. However, the principal borrower’s age should not exceed 65 years old when the loan matures. The loan term should also not exceed the economic life of the building as recommended by an SSS appraiser.
The interest rates are:
- Up to P450,000.00 – 8% per annum
- Over P450,000.00 up to P1,000,000.00 – 9% per annum
- Over P1,000,000.00 up to P1,500,000.00 – 10% per annum
- Over P1,500,000 up to P2,000,000.00 – 11% per annum
These can be used as collateral:
- The collateral for the loan is the Transfer Certificate Title/Original Certificate of Title/ Condominium Certificate of Title (TCT/OCT/CCT) issued by the Registry of Deeds in the name of the principal borrower free from liens and encumbrances.
- The loan shall be secured by a first Real Estate Mortgage (REM) on the house and lot to be financed. The REM shall be annotated on the member borrowers TCT/OCT/CCT and shall be registered with the appropriate Registry of Deeds. The loan shall also be covered by an HGC guaranty.
- Other residential property acceptable to SSS can be used as collateral when securing a loan to purchase a pre-selling condominium unit
Borrowers are also required to pay the premiums for the following insurance coverage:
- Mortgage Redemption Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Home Guaranty Corporation Coverage
These are the accredited payment centers:
- PNB electronic overseas bills payment
- i-Remit online branches
- Ventaja online outlets
- WDS-Lucky Money online branches
- Metrobank online branches & subsidiaries
- BDO Remit Services
- RCBC Telepay Service
- BOC Remittance tie-ups
- AUB Ginto Hatid Express
- Bancnet online payments (www.bancnetonline.com)
- Branches or remittance tie-ups of accredited collecting banks