Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a requirement under the rules and regulations of POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration. Having an OEC ensures that you are properly documented and protected by the Philippine Government. It is also called an exit pass; a document that you need to show to international airport authorities before you can leave the Philippines.
Having an OEC proves that you are a bona fide OFW. Moreover, if you have an OEC, you don’t have to pay for travel tax or terminal fees, unless you’re going to another country for leisure or vacation.
How to Get an OEC for Qatar OFWs
The following are the steps for getting an BM Online Appointment Printout.
1. Go to the Balik Manggagawa Online Processing Website.
2. If you’re new to the website, you need to create a new user account. Go to the New User section. Write your First, Middle, Last Name, Birth Date, Gender, E-mail, and password.
3. Go to your e-mail so you can verify your new account. Verification helps you recover your account in case you forget your password.
4. You can now login by going back to the website’s home screen. Write your e-mail and password under the Already Registered section.
5. You will be directed to a Personal Data page. Fill up the necessary information, such as your name, passport details, other personal details, government issued ID numbers, parents information and employer information, legal beneficiaries, and upload your photo.
6. After completing all information, click on Acquire OEC or Exemption at the upper right hand side of the My Profile page.
7. Next, you will be asked to type your expected flight schedule. Also read the important reminders at the bottom. One important reminder is that you have to use a passport that is valid for at least six months from your intended date of departure. Another reminder is that you have to depart within 60 days of your OEC issuance. Finally, the OEC is only for single exit use.
8. You will then asked to select the location of your travel. Choose POLO – Middle East and Doha then click next.
9. You will then be redirected to a calendar screen. Choose a time slot. Then you will be shown the schedule details including Branch, Date and time and address. Double check before you click the Set Appointment button.
10. Next, you will see the Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet which you will Print by clicking Print Appointment button at the top right.
Video: Getting an OEC – Experience
Below is an experience shared by a kabayan on how to get an OEC in Doha, Qatar:
Requirements for OEC
Go to POLO OWWA Qatar located at the 20th floor, Al-Jazeera Tower, Conference Center Street, Doha. Bring two copies of the following documents.
1. BM Online Appointment Printout
2. Original Employment Contract attested by the Ministry of Labor.
5. Sponsor’s QID copy (for Household Service Workers (HSW) only)
Procedures while in POLO OWWA
1. Go to the reception area and present your original passport. You will then be given the forms you need to fill up, the requirements, and the rooms you need to go to.
2. Go to the Contract verification room, get a number and wait for your turn. Prepare your employment contract, passport and QID and pay the necessary fee.
3. Go to the second floor for OWWA membership. You will fill up and submit forms and pay a fee.
4. Go back to the Reception area for OEC application. Pay the OEC fee.
5. Proceed to the SSS/Pag-ibig Office at the ground floor where you will be given a Pag-ibig Membership Application / Verification form. You will have to pay QAR 30 for 3 months premium or QAR 120 for 12 months premium.
6. If you entered Qatar using Tourist, Business or Family Visa, you will have to sign an affidavit and an OFW Information Sheet that they will give you at the office.
7. Bring QAR 40 for Verification of Contract, QA 9 for OEC valid for 60 days, and QAR 93 for OWWA membership valid for 2 years. You must bring exact amount.
8. Regular office hours for POLO OWWA are as follows: 8:30 AM – 12:00 NN and 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM from Sunday to Thursday.
If you follow these steps, you will finally get your OEC. Enjoy its use for whatever purposes you may need.
DISCLAIMER: The topics presented in this article are for information-sharing purposes only. They may be used as a personal guide, but they should not be used as a basis for actual student-related concerns. To learn more about getting an OEC in Qatar, visit the POEA official website.