Qatar is one of the homes of OFWs in the Middle East. There is in fact an approximately 300,000 more or less Filipinos living in this country. For OFWs who have staying in this country for quite a while, below is a guide to Apply or Renew your Philippine Passport in Qatar.
Check the details in applying for a new passport document below.
Applying for a New Passport in Doha, Qatar
Requirements for Passport Renewal
- Personal appearance of applicant
- Duly accomplished ePassport application form (click here) or at the Embassy.
- Original passport
- Photocopy of the passport (inside front cover and inside back cover)
- Applicant is advised to be in proper decent attire (with collar)
- Fee for ePassport is QR240.00
Tips: Appointment is not needed for passport renewal. All you need to do is to show up at the embassy with your requirements. There is also no ticket number or slot number but you have to be on queue lines on each step for Document Verification, Data Encoding & Photo Taking and Payment. It is wiser to be there prior to office hours as there will be a number of Kabayans who are waiting for the embassy to open to renew their respective passports as well.
- HOW TO GO TO EMBASSY. If you are coming from the Old Airport area, Taxi charge would be around 30QAR-35QAR via Karwa Taxi.
- RELEASE OF PASSPORT. Philippine Embassy Qatar advises that release of passport may take 1-2 months. In my case, I received a SMS from the embassy that my passport is ready after 3months. So, it is advisable to renew your passport 6 months before it expires to avoid any trouble in any of your travel plans.
Philippine Embassy Qatar
Address : Zone 68, Jelaiah Area Doha, State of Qatar
P.O. Box No. 24900, St. No. 860, Doha, Qatar
Contact no: +974 4483 1585
Office Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
The embassy is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and on Philippine and Qatar-declared holidays. On weekends and public holidays, Filipinos in distress who need urgent assistance may call the duty officer during the usual office hours at telephone no. (+974) 4483 1585.
Location Map of the Embassy:
Other Useful Articles:
- Requirements for Lost Passport Replacement
- Report of Marriage or Late registration at Philippine Embassy Qatar
- Contact Information of Philippine Embassy Qatar
Article Source: The Philippine Embassy Qatar – http://dohape.dfa.gov.ph/