The United Kingdom, known for its rich history and allure, particularly for those interested in the Royal Family, requires Philippine passport holders to obtain a tourist visa to enter the country.
ALSO READ: 20 Best Deep Cleaning Services in Qatar
When applying for a visa, you have the option to handle the process independently or seek assistance from an agency. In addition to a valid passport, there are other required documents for the application. Once you obtain your visa, you are free to explore the country at your leisure.
UK Tourist Visa for Filipinos
The United Kingdom offers countless reasons to entice visitors. From its renowned chilly weather to iconic attractions like the Royal Family, Big Ben, and double-decker buses, there is an abundance of activities to engage in. To embark on your journey, your initial step is to apply for a tourist visa, assuming you hold a Philippine passport.
Requirements for Visa Application
The official website of gov.uk provides a comprehensive list of requirements for obtaining a tourist visa to the United Kingdom. Here is the information you need to gather:
- Valid passport: Your passport should have a validity of at least 6 months. Ensure that the front and back pages are blank, and the bio-data page is accessible.
- Essential details for the online application process:
- Dates of your intended stay in the UK
- Accommodation details
- Projected expenses for your entire trip
- Current residential address and duration of stay
- Name and date of birth of your parents (if available)
- Yearly income
- Disclosure of any criminal, civil, or immigration offenses (if applicable)
Additional information that may be requested:
- Proof of travel history for the past 10 years
- Address and contact information of your employer
- Name and address of your sponsor (if applicable)
- Name, address, and passport number of any family members residing in the UK
- Certificate of a tuberculosis (TB) test if your stay in the UK exceeds 6 months
Tip: Ensure that all documents are presented in English. If the documents are initially in a different language, certified translations must be provided.
Procedures for UK Tourist Visa Application
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, the next step is to initiate the application process. The blog site twomonkeystravelgroup.com offers a comprehensive guide on how to proceed.
- Scan all the required documents
- Fill out the online application form. Visit the www.gov.uk website and select the standard tourist application option to begin.
- Indicate your preferred duration of stay in the UK. You will be redirected to the payment page to settle the visa fee. After payment, make a note of the reference number and remember to print the first page of the application form.
- Schedule an appointment with the Visa Application Center in Doha. You have the option to upload your documents beforehand or do it at the center, with an additional fee.
- On the designated date, visit the Visa Application Center. Submit your documents and have your photo and fingerprints taken at the center.
- Await an email notification regarding the outcome of your application.
Guide: How to Fill Up Online Application Form
- To begin the online application process, visit the www.gov.uk website where you will find the application form. On this page, you will be prompted to select your preferred language for the application.
- In the following step, choose “Doha” as the location where you will provide your biometrics, considering you are in Qatar.
- After completing these initial pages, you will be directed to the application page itself. The entire process typically takes around 25 minutes, so it’s important to stay active and avoid being logged out of the system.
- Next, enter your email address and create a password. In the event of a system logout, you can log back in using the provided feature. Click “Save and Continue” to proceed.
- On the subsequent page, you may be asked for additional personal details. These questions were mentioned earlier and encompass aspects such as your employment information, proposed trip expenses, and travel dates.
- Take a moment to carefully review your responses to ensure you haven’t overlooked any details. Once you are satisfied, press “Continue.”
- Verify that you have provided all the required documents before proceeding with your application. Review the declaration statement, and you will then be directed to the payment section.
Visa Processing Fees
The processing fee for a standard visitor visa is £100, allowing a maximum stay of 6 months in the UK. Alternatively, there is a long-term standard visitor visa available for durations of 2, 5, or 10 years. With this visa, you can visit the UK for up to 6 months on each visit.
Address and Contact Details of British Embassy in Doha
- Address: West Bay, Dafna Area, Onaiza Zone 66, Al Shabab Street, PO Box 3, Doha
- Telephone: +974 4496 2000/ +44 20 7008 5000
Please be aware that the British Embassy is closed during both British and Qatar public holidays.
Map of the British Embassy
To provide you with a clearer understanding of the application procedure, we recommend referring to a helpful video created by one of our fellow kababayans. The YouTube channel “LynintheUK” features a video where she shares her personal experience in applying for a tourist visa. Watching this video can offer valuable insights and tips to assist you in navigating the application process.
You can watch the full video here:
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on personal experiences that the OFW shared in the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video or on their social media accounts.
Understanding the Distinctions: England, Britain, and the UK
If you find yourself puzzled by the differences between England, Britain, and the UK, the website historic-uk.com provides a helpful explanation to shed some light on this commonly confused topic. Familiarizing yourself with these distinctions will enable you to seamlessly blend in with the locals during your tour.
The official name of the United Kingdom is: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It has four countries namely England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. To help you understand the concept better, think of the UK as an independent place like the USA. Meanwhile, the four countries mentioned earlier are similar to the states in the USA, like California or Florida.
The term “Great Britain” does not refer to any country, but instead it refers to the landmass where England, Scotland and Wales are located. The name came about when King James I added this distinction to his title.
Don’t get confused with the name “England” either. Remember that it is just one of the countries within the UK. England stands out as the most renowned among the other countries, primarily due to its capital, London, being situated there. Additionally, England boasts the largest land area and population among the four countries.
Must-Visit Destinations in the UK
If you are still planning where you want to go around the UK, we listed down some popular destinations for tourists.
The first is the Tower of London. It is a historic landmark located in the capital city. Although it may appear imposing, the Tower of London houses captivating treasures such as the Crown Jewels and collections from the Royal Armouries.
Next, make sure to experience the London Eye, a remarkable observation wheel offering panoramic views of the city. Its glass pods provide riders with a clear perspective of London’s stunning sights as it gracefully rotates along the banks of the Thames River.
A visit to Edinburgh Castle in Scotland should also be on your agenda. This castle is part of a vast complex that encompasses other historic structures, some dating back as far as the 12th century.
Whether you are a Potterhead or just curious about the whole tour, don’t miss out on the chance to join the Harry Potter Tours. Choose from various packages, including walking tours in London, visits to the Warner Bros. Studios, or day trips to Oxford. Due to their immense popularity, these tours tend to fill up quickly, so it’s advisable to book your spot as soon as possible.
For another captivating historical destination, consider a visit to Stonehenge in England. Marvel at the enigmatic stone circle and explore the accompanying exhibit featuring a 5,000-year-old man. Additionally, you can explore the Neolithic village, providing a glimpse into ancient life
Understanding the British Culture
This YouTube video from Learn English by Pocket Passport provides an entertaining yet informative glimpse of British culture. It offers valuable insights that will enhance your understanding of British customs and traditions.
One fascinating aspect highlighted in the video is the British penchant for queuing or standing in line. If you’re the type of person who tends to skip queues, it’s advisable to think twice before doing so in the UK.
Additionally, it’s wise to be prepared for the unpredictable British weather by carrying an umbrella during your visit. The video sheds light on the propensity for rain, making an umbrella a practical accessory to have on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is a Schengen visa valid for traveling to the UK?
No, the United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen visa agreement. Thus, you will need to obtain a separate visa specifically for visiting the UK.
- What are the different types of visas available for the UK?
There are several types of visas for different purposes such as business, work permit, student, and marriage. For specific document requirements for each type, it is advisable to consult the embassy or relevant authorities.
The United Kingdom is a country that is rich in history and culture. As a Philippine passport holder, you need to apply for a tourist visa before you can visit. To begin the application process, you should gather and scan all the required documents as the application is completed online. Additionally, scheduling an appointment at the visa processing center is essential for providing your biometric information. Once your visa is approved, you will be granted a maximum stay of 6 months in the UK.