If you want to apply for a tourist visa to Qatar, you can now do it online. This service is brought to you by the Qatar Tourism Authority, Qatar Airways and VFS Global. The updated feature can be used by anyone flying into Qatar, using any airlines.
In the past, you need to have a local sponsor from Qatar to be able to apply for a tourist visa. With this online visa application, you can do it yourself. To start the process, you must have a valid and confirmed plane ticket to Qatar. Then you can go to www.qatarairways.com through the “My Trips” tab and retrieve your booking. Or you can go directly to www.qatarvisaservice.com. You can pay with your Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards.
Tourist Visa Application Requirements
- Passport information (bio page)/ picture page
- Passport-size photo
- Airline ticket (f your are a Qatar Airways passenger, you do not need to submit a copy of your ticket)
- Hotel Confirmation Voucher/ relevant documents for place of stay in Qatar
Additional Requirements for GCC residents
- GCC residence visa
- GCC ID card
- The sponsor’s ticket and passport copy (for GCC Nationals/Residents Companion Entry Permit only)
Note: Please be advised that there is an ongoing issue with other GCC countries so this process may not be applicable depending on your residency in the GCC region.
To be submitted by the main applicants:
- Proof-of-residency (such as residence visa, credit card bill, official printed address page in passport, etc)
- If you will stay in a hotel, submit a copy of your hotel confirmation voucher
- If you will stay with a Qatari resident (whether friend or relative), submit an authority letter from this resident together with his/her Qatar resident visa copy, Qatar ID, passport first/bio page and rental agreement document copy
- If the friend/ relative is a Qatari national, submit only his/ her Qatari national ID
These are the additional supporting documents that you can submit, if available:
- Documents showing investments of USD $8,000 or more
- Income tax papers showing an annual gross income of USD $8,000 or more
- Valid visa, or evidence of travel (such as visas, entry stamps, etc) in the last 5 years to any of the following countries: Qatar, UK, USA Australia, New Zealand, Canada or Schengen countries.
- You will be advised if you need to submit more documents such as marriage certificate, etc.
You are given a maximum of 90 days and a minimum of 4 days to apply for a visa. If your application is approved, you will receive a copy of the electronic visa by email. You will need to print a copy of this visa to bring with you to Qatar. You can reapply should your visa application is rejected.
All fees are quoted in US dollars. Fees are non-refundable in cases where the application is rejected. Initially, this online visa application feature can only be used if you are applying for a tourist visa.