Turkey has a rich culture. It is influenced by Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. The country offers a wide range of attractions, making it an ideal destination.
ALSO READ: How to Clean your Sofa in Qatar
Philippine passport holders require a tourist visa to visit Turkey. The Turkish Visa Application Center processes visa applications, but the final decision rests with the embassy or consulate. Applicants need to visit the processing center to provide biometric data.
Turkish Visitor Visa for Filipinos
Turkey is a great country to visit because of its rich history. It boasts a diverse mix of cultures from Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. Additionally, its cuisine is delectable, offering a culinary delight. So, why not consider visiting Turkey for your upcoming vacation?
If you hold a Philippine passport, you need to apply for a tourist visa to visit Turkey. You have the option to process the application independently or seek the assistance of a third-party service. Regardless, you will be required to personally appear at the visa processing center for fingerprinting.
Requirements for Visitor Visa Application
If you have decided to visit Turkey as a tourist, the next step is to apply for a tourist visa. Here are the requirements, as seen in the blog Pointandshootwanderlust.com, that you need to fulfill before confirming your appointment at the embassy:
- Passport: It must be valid for at least 6 months and have 2 blank pages
- Photocopy of the passport’s data page: Printed it on A4 paper
- Previous visa (if applicable): Provide a copy
- Original and photocopy of a valid Qatar residence permit: Print the copy on A4 paper and ensure it is valid for at least 3 months
- Two ID photo with a white background: They should measure 50 x 60 mm and be taken within the last 6 months
- Employment letter: The letter, made within the month, should contain details about your salary, position, duration of employment, certification of your return to Qatar after the trip, and bear the company seal and employer’s signature
- Bank statement: Submit a bank statement from the last 3 months, showing sufficient funds (around QR10,000) for the trip. The statement must have the official stamp, signature of the bank, and be issued within the last 10 days.
- Proof of hotel reservation or accommodation in Turkey: If you have an invitation letter, a hotel reservation is not required. Otherwise, present a printed copy.
- Flight reservation: Provide proof of roundtrip flight reservation
- Travel health/ medical insurance: It should have a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 and be valid for 15 days
- Proposed itinerary: Include the places you plan to visit each day
- Visa application form: Complete the form as part of the application process
Additional documents that may be requested during your application:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Turkey residence document (if you used to reside there)
- Proof of property ownership in Qatar (if applicable)
- Proof of property ownership in Turkey (if applicable)
- Bank account statement from a Turkish bank (if applicable)
- Relevant documents for dual citizens
- If the applicant is a minor traveling alone, a consent letter signed by both parents is required. Both parents should submit the letter with the application
- Please remember that all documents must be in English.
Procedure for Visa Application
- Once you have your documents ready, schedule an appointment with the approved visa processing center at the Turkey embassy
- During your visit to the center, you will need to provide biometrics
- Submit your documents and pay the visa and service fees. Please bring cash for payment. You will receive a reference number.
- The visa processing time is approximately 20 days
Tip for applicants: Place your requirements in a transparent plastic container when going to the visa processing center. Note that bags of all kinds are not permitted inside.
Fees for Visa Processing
The current visa fees for Tukey is as follows:
- Single entry 2.304,20 TL
- Multiple entry 7.718,70 TL
Please note that the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs determines the visa fee based on nationality. However, it is important to verify the current cost when processing your application.
Video on Tourist Visa Application
Check out this YouTube video from WaHired Today for additional tips on successfully applying for a tourist visa. The video covers topics like preparing your bank statement, finding affordable accommodation, and budgeting your pocket money.
The vlogger also provides links to resources for finding cheap accommodation and flights. These references can assist you in preparing for your trip. Additionally, you can compare information with friends and relatives who have previously visited Turkey.
You can watch the full video here:
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on personal experiences that the OFW shared in the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video or on their social media accounts.
Map of the Turkish Embassy in Qatar
Contact Details of the Turkish Embassy
- Address: Al Istiqlal Street No. 21 Dafna Doha, Qatar
Post Address PO Box 1977 Doha, Qatar
- Telephone: 00 974 495 13 00
- Fax: 00 974 495 13 20
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http:// doha.emb.mfa.gov.tr
How to Get to Turkey From Qatar
To travel from Qatar to Turkey, the flight duration from Doha to Istanbul is approximately 4 hours. Various airlines operate flights between the two countries, including Qatar Airways, Pegasus Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Air Arabia, and Royal Jordanian. Depending on your specific travel plans, you can choose to fly to destinations such as Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Sabiha Gokcen, or Istanbul.
Popular Destinations in Turkey
Turkey offers a wide array of attractions, whether you prefer beaches, city life, or historical sites. With 18 UNESCO World Heritage sites, the country has much to offer.
Consider these suggestions when planning your itinerary:
Adana is home to nature parks and beaches. In Aladag District, you can go to the Aladag Kup Waterfall and experience its ice cold water. It is also a quiet place where you can enjoy hearing the birds as you walk around. If you prefer to see unique architecture, then go see the railroad on the Varda Bridge.
Ankara, the country’s capital, is home to both modern museums and historical ruins. The Ankara Castle is a famous destination, dating back to the Ottoman period. There is also the Roman Bath Ruins that dates back to the 3rd century. Three hours away from Ankara is Cappadocia, where you can ride the hot air balloon.
Antalya is where you can go if you want to enjoy modern tourist destinations. There is the Land of Legends theme park, which is fondly called the Disneyland of Antalya. On the other hand, there is the Selfie Park Antalya where you can take photos from one of its various settings. Elsewhere, you can also go on a cruise, go on a jeep safari. or ride the cable car.
Istanbul is one of the unique cities in the world because it spans two continents: Asia and Europe. When you walk around the city, you can see the remnants of old buildings that reflect the country’s rich history. You can visit iconic landmarks like Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque.
Sabiha Gokcen is an airport on the Asian side of Istanbul. If you are on a layover in Istanbul, you will still have time to go to the mall or the park. There is also time to try some Turkish Kebab.
Each destination has its own distinct charm, ensuring an unforgettable experience in Turkey.
Do’s and Don’ts When Visiting Turkey
When traveling to a different culture, it’s essential to be mindful of local customs and traditions. Here are some important guidelines to follow when in Turkey:
When visiting mosques, ensure you dress modestly, covering your shoulders and knees. Avoid going during prayer times.
There are also certain protocols when interacting with Turkish people. For one, it would help to know basic words and phrases for “please” and “thank you.” Solo male tourists should also be prevented from talking or sitting close next to young or female Turkish women.
In bars and restaurants, tourists are not supposed to drink alcohol excessively. Moderate drinking is allowed, but being outright will be frowned upon. In addition, smoking is prohibited.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for e-visa instead?
Yes, Philippine passport holders have the option to apply for an eVisa. During the application process, you can choose between a single-entry or multiple-entry visa. The validity of the visa will be determined by the Turkish authorities, ranging from 30 to 90 days. The application is submitted online, and the visa confirmation will be sent to you via email.
- Can I extend my stay in Turkey?
The possibility of extending your visa depends on your nationality and visa eligibility. If eligible, you can renew your visa at the local immigration office. It is important to confirm the specific requirements with the immigration office, as they may be subject to change.
For Philippine passport holders planning to visit Turkey, the first step is to apply for a tourist visa. The basic requirements include the application form, passport, photograph, bank statement, and employment certificate. Additional documents may be requested by the authorities. You will need to schedule an appointment at an embassy-approved visa processing center to submit your documents. After paying the fees, you will receive a reference number, which you will use to collect your visa. The visa processing time is approximately 20 days.