The Doha Metro is another alternative for those who are using public transportation in Doha. The Doha Metro is a state-of-the-art railway system that covers the whole of Doha and nearby areas.
ALSO READ: Do’s and Dont’s in Doha Metro: How to Have a Hassle-Free Ride
For those who are using public transportation, the train will help passengers to get to their destination. It is an economical way to get around Doha.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences of the OFW in the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
First-Hand Experience of Taking the Doha Metro
Have you ever tried taking the train? If you are staying in Doha, it would be worth your time to use Doha Metro to get to work or the mall.
According to Qatar Rail, the train station runs across three lines. These are the Red Line, the Green Line, and the Gold Line. The Red Line has 17 stations and traverses from north to south of the city. The Green Line has 11 stations and passes the east to west direction. Finally, the Gold Line has 11 stations and also runs from east to west of Doha.
In the YouTube video of Kheila Diary, the vlogger shows us her experience of taking the Metrolink from her residence. The bus will take her to the nearest Doha Metro station.
Here’s what to take note of from her vlog:
- You can catch the Metrolink to get you to the nearest Doha Metro station. You can ride on the bus for free.
- There is a designated stop for the Metro Bus. It comes at a designated time.
- You will hardly see any pedestrians walking along the streets.
- Some workers allot 2 hours to travel to work.
- Some bus routes do not have a lot of passengers. But for some routes there will be plenty of stops which will take a lot of travel time.
- The Lusail Station is quite large. Passengers will have to walk far to get to the platform.
- Passengers can transfer from one train line to another. In this case, the vlogger took the red line and will need to transfer to the green line to get to her destination.
- As seen in the video, the vlogger alighted at the Al Bidda Station to get to the green line.
- There is a train station connecting to the Mall of Qatar, which is located along the green line.
- You can see welcome signages in different languages near the entrance of the train station.
You can check out her video below:
You might be wondering if it is worth your time to take the Doha Metro. The answer is yes. For one, the train is one of the cheapest forms of transportation. You only have to shell 2 QAR for every trip. You can also escape the traffic jam. The most important reason is helping the environment by reducing carbon emissions and saving on gas.
On the other hand, some passengers feel that the Doha bus takes too much of their time. One, there are too many stops. They need to allow plenty of time for the commute. Second, some routes are already full so they cannot pick up more passengers. Whereas if they take the taxi, they can get to their destinations faster. But their minimum fare is about 10 QAR.
READ NEXT: 8 Ways to Prevent Offloading by Airport Immigration