The Doha Metro is one of the newest forms of transportation in Doha. It is a faster alternative to the bus, taxi, and private car.
If you want to ride the Metro, you are expected to follow the guidelines for the passengers. Those who do not follow might face penalties.
Do’s and Don’ts for Passengers
Those who want to ride the Doha Metro should follow the regulations. Doing so will ensure the comfort of other passengers. According to iloveqatar.net, here are some pointers for those who are planning to take the Metro:
- CCTVs are strategically located throughout the station. These ensure the safety of each passenger.
- Be mindful of using your mobile phone in public spaces.
- Throw your trash in the bins provided. Or you can save any rubbish for recycling.
- Buy a travel card before riding the train.
- Give way to elderly, handicapped, pregnant women, or those with younger children because there are seats reserved for them. If you happen to be using their seat, you need to offer it to them.
- You can bring a suitcase but make sure that it doesn’t get in the way of other passengers. The luggage should not damage any part of the train.
- Bring to the Lost and Found Section any item that you find. Give the lost item to an authorized representative.
- Report to the Doha Metro representative if you are sick or if you met an accident. Any complaints should also be reported to authorities.
- Any female riding the train by themselves should go to the Family Section. If you are traveling with a child younger than 9 years old, you should also head to the Family Section.
- Most importantly, you should report to the authorities if you see any suspicious activities in the vicinity.
- You are not allowed to eat inside the train. This is to prevent spilling anything.
- You are not allowed to chew gum.
- You can drink on the train. But you can bring water in a sealable container.
- You cannot smoke or use an e-cigarette.
- Animals are not allowed inside the train. But service animals can get inside the train.
- You need to have a Gold Club Travel pass if you want to ride the Gold Club Section.
- Do not tamper with the Travel Pass, and do not attempt to use the pass after you tamper with the travel pass.
- You are not allowed to resell the travel pass
- Do not buy a used or partially used travel pass
- Do not use foul language or act rudely inside the train.
- Place your feet in inappropriate areas. This also means that you are not allowed to lie down on the seats.
- Do not distribute materials meant for selling or advertising
- Do not engage in a fight with Doha Metro staff.
- You are not allowed to perform or cause any disturbance to other passengers.
- Filming or taking photos for commercial purposes should have prior approval of Qatar Rail.
- Do not bring alcoholic beverages to the train station. You are also not allowed to ride the train when you are drunk.
- Do not block the entrance to the door.
- Do not spit anywhere on the train station.
- Use the escalator properly.
- Do not use the fire alarm or any other alarm improperly.
- You are not allowed to bring any two-wheeled vehicles on the train. But you can bring wheelchairs or folded bikes.
- You have to pay for parking before parking your vehicle.