Let’s admit it. We all need to go shopping at some point. And lucky for you, Qatar is home to a number of shopping malls that caters to everyone. Here we share popular malls so you can have ideas where you can shop in Qatar.
Most of the malls are located in Doha, though. One is even included in the Forbes list as one of the best malls in the world. These malls have adequate parking. But there are also taxis that you can take to get there.
Places to Shop in Qatar
1. Gulf Mall – Located in Al Gharafa, Gulf Mall has cinema aside from its dining and shopping services.
2. Ezdan Mall – Also located in Gharafa area, Ezdan Mall carries international brands not located elsewhere in Qatar. There are various food choices in their food court. It also features an indoor amusement park.
3. Landmark Mall – Also in Al Gharafa, Landmark Mall features an indoor amusement park, aside from the shopping and dining services.
4. Mall of Qatar – Located in Ar-Rayyan , this is one of the newest malls in Qatar. It is touted as the first super-regional mall of the country. Mall of Qatar offers a variety of shopping and dining choices as well as a bowling alley, and children themed activity areas.
5. Villaggio Mall – This is included in Forbes list as one of the best malls in the world. It is located within Aspire Zone. Aside from its shopping and dining attractions, it has an indoor theme park, skating rink and a gondola ride.
6. City Center – It is located in West Bay and is considered to be one of the largest malls in the Middle East. It carries various retail shops, food choices and has a cinema, skating rink, bowling alley and amusement parks.
7. Doha Festival City – It is located in north of Doha, and is also one of the newest malls in Qatar. It offers a whole day of dining, relaxation and entertainment. It has shopping and dining choices, as well as entertainment.
All these malls are open every day. From Saturday to Thursdays, mall hours are 10am to 10pm, some are until 12 midnight on Thursdays. On Fridays, these are open from 3pm to 10pm. Some of the malls also observe family day, so it is best to check their schedule before going.
Visiting these malls is a good way to relax, as well as get pasalubong for our loved ones at home. And although it can be therapeutic to shop till you drop, it is still best not to overspend.