Welcome the new year with some serious shopping! Shop Qatar will start in January 7 until February 7, 2018. Aside from discounts in partner malls and raffle prizes for purchases, there will be other activities as well. Here we list the many activities that you can expect in this shopping festival in Qatar.
Expect some pop-up stores and seminars for the duration of Shop Qatar. Venues of the pop-up stores will be announced soon. There are also participating malls even outside Doha.
Put on Your Shopping Shoes for Shop Qatar 2018, Qatar’s Biggest Shopping Season
To help plan your Shop Qatar experience, the activities that you need to know are:
- Shop for a minimum of QAR 200 in participating stores to get a voucher for the raffle draw. There will be 15 winners every week where they will have a chance to win up to QAR 4 million.
- Visit the pop-up stores in Mall of Qatar for the duration of Shop Qatar and support local businesses.
- Join the Shop Qatar tours in Souq Waqif from every Thursday to Saturday from 5 to 6:30 PM. These tours discuss local handicrafts, fabrics, accessories, perfumes, arts, and Qatari snacks. There are separate tours for men, women and family where the discussions are fit for each audience. Entrance fee is QAR 150 per adults, while children below 12 can enter for free.
Keep Your Shopping Carts Ready Qatar! ? @tawarmallofficial ⛲ Is A Proud Partner Of @visitqatar Edition Of The Most Awaited Event Of The Year #ShopQatar ?️ Starting From 7th JAN – 7th FEB, A month-long event filled with Entertainment, Loads of exciting shopping offers & Raffle draws worth up to QAR 4 Million ? STAY TUNED ? #ShopQatar #ItsTawarMall #OneForAll #Shopping #Fashion #Entertainment #WeAreQatar #Doha #Qatar لا تفوتكم فرصة التمتع بالأصالة بأسلوب عصري هذا العام والفوز بمجرد التسوق ?? ابتداع المحرجان التسوق من ٧ يناير – ٧ فبراير? #مهرجان_قطر_للتسوق #طوارمول #واحد_للجميع #تسوق #ترفيه #طعام #كلنا_قطر ??
- Book in one of the masterclasses on make-up and fashion design. Renowned speakers will facilitate these classes. Make up courses will be held in The Ritz Carlton-Doha and available in English and Arabic languages. The Arabic course will be held on January 13 from 4 to 9 PM and costs QAR 3000, while the English course will be on January 27 from 2 to 6 PM and costs QAR 2500. Meanwhile, the Fashion Design course will run from three days, starting on January 21. Each lesson will be held from 3 to 8 PM at Hamad Bin Khlifa University, and costs QAR 3500.
- Learn from the free pop-up workshops that will be held alternately across participating malls. These workshops will run from January 7 to 27. The topics will be:
- Moroccan Ceramic Painting
- Syrian Wooden Mosaics
- Syrian Hand Painted Pottery
- Decorative Wooden Dhows
- Handmade Fabric Embroidery
- Handmade Silk Thread Bangles
- Handmade Block Printing Cloth
- Hand Embroidered Cushions
- Footwear Embroidery
- Russian Ribbon Embroidery
- Turkish Pottery
- Basket Weaving
- African Tribal Mask making and
- Malaysian Kite making
- Watch concerts at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Center. Performances will be:
Yara & Joseph Attieh on January 12 at 8 PM
Sonu Nigam on January 19 at 7 PM, and
The Chainsmokers on January 25 at 9 PM
Ticket prices for Sonu Nigam’s concert range from QAR 50 to 1000, and QAR 275 to 990 for The Chainsmokers.
HOT NEWS! The Chainsmokers are coming to Qatar as part of #ShopQatar 2018! . Tag 2 people who you’d like to watch the concert with! . . Brought to you by the @socialstudio_me, the duo will be performing on Jan 25 at the new Doha Exhibition & Convention Center! Full details and ticket info. Soon at iloveqatar.net . . #ajeeb #concert #entertainment #fun #ILoveQatar #Doha #Qatar #ChainsmokersInDoha
- Be updated on the latest fashion. There will be an Arabian Fashion Show on January 10, Bollywood Fashion Show on January 17, and International Fashion Show on January 24. Shows are from 7 PM to 8:30 PM. Locations to be announced.
- Enjoy the winter courtesy of the Souq Waqif Winter Festival and Mall of Qatar Fun Fair. Entrances to these two are free, but with separate payments for rides and other activities. The Souf Waqif festival has started in December 25, and will last until April 25. The fair in Mall of Qatar will start on January 15 until April 15.
Participating malls in this shop Qatar event include: AlKhor Mall, City Centre, Doha Festival City, Gulf Mall, Hyatt Plaza, Lagoona Mall, Landmark Mall, Mall of Qatar, Tawar Mall, The Gate Mall, Villaggio, Ezdan Mall and Dar Al Salam Mall.