Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for one of the most renowned airlines in the world? Yes, we’re talking about Qatar Airways, the state-owned, flag carrier of the Kingdom of Qatar, and why working for them is considered one of the best jobs in Qatar.
ALSO READ: Qatar Airways Launches Davao-Doha Route
For several years now, Qatar Airways has been named “Airline of the Year” by Skytrax Awards. That is quite a feat for an airline that was launched only in 1997! If you’re thinking about becoming part of their multinational cabin crew, then keep on reading to learn more!
Salary & Benefits of Qatar Airways Cabin Crew
Headquartered in the Qatar Airways Tower in Doha and operating from its base at Hamad International Airport, Qatar Airways flies to more than 160 destinations all over the Middle East region, as well as to key cities in Africa, Europe, Central Asia, Far East, South Asia, Oceania, North America, and South America.
At present, the airline has more than 46,000 employees, including cabin crew members that help in providing excellent service to Qatar Airways’ millions of passengers every year.
Typical Requirements for Cabin Crew
Qatar Airways often conducts “Open Days” in different cities around the world, in order to recruit new cabin crew members. Applicants are expected to meet these requirements:
- Minimum of 21 years old
- Minimum arm reach of 212 cm (on tip toes for females)
- High school graduate
- Healthy and fit
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Pleasant personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to work with a multinational team
- Customer service-oriented
- Loves to travel
- Willing to relocate to Doha, Qatar
Interested applicants are encouraged to complete an online application, to be reviewed by the Recruitment Team. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to Open Day, where they need to submit an updated resume, a photocopy of their passport, and a passport-sized photograph.
Cabin Crew Salary & Benefits
As for salary and allowances, cabin crew members can expect to earn:
- Basic salary of QAR 3600/month for the first 6 months, rising to QAR 4,000/month upon completing the probationary period;
- Flight pay of QAR 45/hour (multiplied by the actual number of hours that you fly); and
- Layover allowance (amount depends on the city where you will be staying).
In addition, each cabin crew member is entitled to:
- Free accommodation (i.e. a shared apartment with other cabin crew members)
- Free transportation to and from work
- Free ticket to home country every year
- Minimum of 8 days off per month, and 30 days leave per year
- Discounted flights with Qatar Airways and partner airlines
- Discounts in hotels, restaurants, clubs, and stores in Doha (and around the world)!
ALSO READ: How Your Pet Can Travel with Qatar Airways
If you think you’ve got what takes to be part of the Qatar Airways cabin crew, then you can start by submitting an application through their website. Meanwhile, for pilot applicants, check out our article about Qatar Airways pilots’ salaries.
DISCLAIMER: The above guide is presented for information-sharing purposes only. To learn more about cabin crew salary and benefits, as well as other career opportunities with this airline, please visit the official website of Qatar Airways.