If you have experience as a professional bus driver, you might want to explore the opportunities available for you abroad. There is a bus line operating in Qatar, and you could apply as a driver.
ALSO READ: What to Wear During Your Job Interview
You would need a professional driving license and prior experience to apply. Check with a reputable employment agency to see other requirements.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences that the OFW shared on the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
A kababayan shared valuable information about a job opening as a bus driver in Qatar, in the YouTube video Drivervlog. If you think you fit the bill, here are the details you need to know:
- The salary for first-time drivers in Qatar is QR 2,200 for 8 hours of work.
- For ex-abroad or those with GCC licenses, the salary is QR 2,400 for the same hours.
- The basic salary is inclusive of free meals and accommodation. Some housing even offers free Wi-Fi.
- The age limit of applicants is 25 to 45 years old only.
- The employer does not offer OT time. But the driver will receive an additional payment if the work hours extend beyond 8 hours.
- Your driving license restriction must either be 1,2 or 3; and must have prior experience as a bus driver.
- You will not pay for the trade test. But if you did not pass it, you cannot proceed with your application.
- The employer will also shoulder the placement and medical test fees.
- The vlogger recommends applying in person so you can ask the office staff if you have further questions. You can also send your application through email, but the processing might take a long time. The office personnel will sort through the inbox and will have to look at the applications of many other applicants.
- For this particular job offer, the contract is valid for two years.
You can watch the full video here:
The job opening mentioned in this video is for a government-owned bus company. But you can also check out if there are opportunities for school bus drivers or privately-owned buses.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Bus Driver
According to Glassdoor.com, the main responsibility of a bus driver is to transport people or cargo from one destination to another. The drivers follow a designated route. They need to have the appropriate license before performing their job. In some cases, the driver will also be required to collect payment from the passengers.
Most companies do not require a college diploma from their drivers, but they must at least have a high school diploma.
Drivers should also understand how a vehicle works since they might be asked to perform engine troubleshooting when needed. Again, this task depends on the company. But knowing this skill will come in handy when you need it.
Furthermore, TheBalancecareers.com discusses the skills and competencies that a bus driver must possess. First, they should be able to interact with all of their passengers respectfully. Next, they are also expected to communicate with their passengers and employers about various concerns. Finally, they must have hand-to-eye coordination, which is an essential skill when operating a vehicle full of passengers.