Good news to all Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), application for OFW ID is now available online. Labeled as the ‘best gift’ of President Rodrigo Duterte to millions of overseas Filipino workers, it is now on its first phase of issuance to returning OFWs or Balik-Manggagawa according to the Philippine Information Agency.
And according to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, the card is FREE for all OFWs.
Steps on How to Apply for OFW ID Card
For an OFW to get an iDOLE ID, all you have to do is sign up and create an account on DOLE’s website.
You can also apply to avail the ID at One-Stop Online Facility Portal using your latest Overseas Employment Certificate or through your Balik Manggagawa (BM) account.
With the following easy steps, you can apply online for your iDOLE ID:
- Create an account at DOLE’s website, or simply log in if you already have an account.
- Register your valid Overseas Employment Contract (OEC) Number. (Make sure that it is valid beyond 2017)
- Once your account was created, click the ‘iDOLE One Stop Shop’ button then click ‘OFW ID Card’.
— Juan in Oman (@juaninoman) December 12, 2017
4. Choose the way to claim your ID: If you prefer to pick it up, choose the nearest POEA office near you. Or select POEA-Ortigas for Manila claimants.
5. Print your reference and OFW ID number as proof when you pick-up your new iDOLE OFW ID.
Why Apply for iDOLE OFW ID Card
Having an iDOLE OFW Card can allow OFWs to avail for free travel tax and be exempted from terminal fees when traveling overseas. All you need to do is present your ID at the airport immigration to be able to skip the lengthy process and make your airport experience more convenient.
— DOLE Philippines (@laborgovph) July 7, 2017
DOLE aims to link its database to other government agencies and those agencies that handle and process documents for Filipinos working abroad.
And according to the Philippine Information Agency, the first phase of the system links DOLE with the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), and the Bureau of Immigration (BI), for the convenience of the OFWs in processing their documents when going abroad to work.
It will also give OFWs access and ease of processing their documents in government agencies like Pag-IBIG and Social Security System (SSS).
And again, the iDOLE OFW ID is FREE for all OFWs. The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) financed the production of the IDs for the benefits of all Overseas Filipino Workers.