When this is your first time riding an airplane, you should keep in mind that it has different rules for its passengers as compared to the bus or train. Your goal is to be familiar with the rules so that you won’t have to leave anything behind.
ALSO READ: How You Can Apply as a Nurse in Qatar
Those who travel by plane can bring check-in luggage, and another one as hand carry. Understandably, you will bring everything important to you. And the next step would be to know which can be placed in the hand carry.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences that the OFW shared on the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
Reminders Before Taking Your Flight
If you are in the Philippines and taking on a job in Qatar, you will surely take an airplane to get to your destination. Moreover, if you live outside Manila, there is a greater chance that you will also take the plane to get to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).
In this YouTube video from Nurse Jacky, we can get more information about what we can or cannot put in our luggage. First off, you should check your baggage allowance as indicated on your plane ticket.
Suggestions on what to include in the hand carry luggage
- The hand-carry luggage can weigh around 7 kilos. It is usually a small bag, a backpack, or a small trolley
- If you prefer to use the small trolley, its weight is around 1 kilogram. So, you might not be able to put more items on it because you don’t want to exceed the weight limit
- Your hand carry contains your travel documents, such as your passport, visa, and ticket. If you have an available envelope, you can put all the important paperwork there.
- Bring a small snack, like a biscuit, to help tide you over during the long wait.
- Liquid bottles should be less than 100 ml
- Ladies can put their essential hygiene accessories together in a small pouch
- You can also put a liniment or a balm that you can use for motion sickness
- You can also bring a kit containing over-the-counter medicines
- Electronic gadgets such as cameras, laptops, or cellphones should also be placed in the hand carry luggage
- Bring some pocket money that you can use while waiting at the airport
Suggestions on what to include in the check-in luggage
- Bring clothes that are appropriate for your destination. for instance, you could bring one thick jacket to prepare for the cold season
- Include ready-to-eat food like canned goods, and cup noodles in the luggage, so you’ll have something to eat when you get to your destination
- Put toiletries that you can use immediately
- Secure liquid bottles with tape so that their contents will not spill
- Pack just enough clothes so that you don’t go over the weight limit. The vlogger suggests bringing at least two pairs of everything
- For those going to the Middle East, you are not allowed to bring liquor, religious items, and adult materials
You can watch the full video here:
Another important reminder is to be at the airport at least 3 to 4 hours before your flight. You will need this much time to go through immigration and check-in counter, so you’ll be on time for boarding.
READ NEXT: 6 Tips: How to Prepare for Work Abroad