MaThe Ministry of Interior released a statement requiring the public to register their national addresses. The public, which refers to citizens, residents and legal persons, is given six months to register. Otherwise, they will be penalized.
Registration can be done through Metrash 2 (or the electronic services of the Ministry of Interior) or by directly registering at the Unified Service Center of the Ministry of Interior. Registration started on January 27, 2020 (Monday) until July 26, 2020 (Sunday).
The statement from the Ministry of Interior on the commencement of registration of the national address:
“In implementing the provisions of Law No. 24 of 2017 on the National Address, and Minister of Interior Decree No. 96 of 2019 on implementing certain provisions of Law No. 24 of 2017 on the National Address;
The Ministry of Interior invites the competent public (citizens, expatriates and legal persons) in accordance with the indicated National Address Law, to register their national addresses, within six months, from Monday, January 27, 2020 to Sunday, July 26, 2020.
That is through the Electronic Services of the Ministry (Metrash2, or Ministry of Interior website) or direct registration through the Unified Service Centers of the Ministry of Interior.
In the event that the registration of the national address is not done within the period indicated above, the violator shall bear all the legal consequences thereof.”
Details Needed to Register
Before registering, make sure that these details are at hand:
- Residence Address (Zone, Street and Building Number, Kahramaa Number)
- Mobile and fixed line number
- Email address
- Work address
- Other information to be required by authorities
- Make sure that the Metrash account has been created
Those above 18 years old are required to register their national address. Fathers will register their children, while spouses will register using their own accounts. There are no fees to be paid to register.
Follow these Steps to Register
Once the Metrash2 account is created, complying with the national address law is easy. Here are the steps:
- Log in to Metrash2 account
- Select “NATIONAL ADDRESS” then “NATIONAL ADDRESS FOR INDIVIDUALS”
- Use “SERVICE OPTIONS “ page to display the available options of the National Address for Individuals service
- Select “REGISTER NATIONAL ADDRESS” to add the home address of themselves or their family members (if applicable, and only for children under 18 years old), add work address (for Qatari citizens) or employer address (for residents, or optional updating of abroad home address)
- Select “REGISTER NATIONAL ADDRESS FOR NEWBORNS” to add individuals who are not previously registered
- Click “NEXT” and complete all required information
Or watch this video for for tutorial on how to register.