Filipinos in Qatar who need to secure an NBI Clearance for various reasons (filing of documents), you can head to the Philippine embassy in Jelaiah Area Doha to get one.
Many OFWs have lived in Qatar for a longer period of time. Some have gotten used to the lifestyle while some use it as a starting point to migrate to other countries (Canada, UK, etc.). Getting an NBI police clearance for employment purposes or as a requirement for migrating can be done at our embassy.
Procedure in Getting an NBI Clearance in Doha
Being in Qatar, you can head to the Philippine embassy so you can apply for an NBI clearance. Here are some important points you need to know.
- 2 pcs pieces of 2×2 size photographs with white background, taken within the last 3 months (no eyeglasses) – please do not submit passport-size photos
- Photocopy of Valid Passport
- QR 100.00
1. Bring the necessary documents to the Phil. embassy
2. Fingerprinting – Take note that the operation hours of NBI Clearance application is only from 1pm to 3pm. Once this is finished, the staff will give you your fingerprint form which includes your photo and papers.
3. The form should be submitted to an NBI office in the Philippines. Have a representative who will process this for you and send your rep the following papers:
- Fingerprinted Form from embassy (with stamp, signature and photo)
- 2 copies of your passport
- Authorization letter addressed to NBI (This is for your representative stating that they are responsible for submitting these documents)
- Authorization letter addressed to DFA for Red Ribbon authentication
In the Philippines…
4. Your authorized representative will have to go to NBI to submit your requirements and to get the NBI Clearance.
5. Once your rep gets the NBI Clearance certificate, it will have to be authenticated with red ribbon by Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
6. Once you have the red ribbon document, should be sent to your address in Qatar and it will have to be presented to the Philippine embassy to have it authenticated with stamp.
7. After being authenticated by the Philippine embassy in Qatar, it will be brought to the MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) for attestation which costs about 20 QAR.
To most companies and recruitment agencies, they will require documents for your application. If you have questions about the NBI Clearance, please contact the Phil. embassy. Below are their details
Philippine Embassy Qatar
Address: Zone 68, Jelaiah Area Doha, State of Qatar
P.O. Box No. 24900, St. No. 860, Doha, Qatar
Contact no: +974 4483 1585
Office Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm