Are you staying in Qatar at the moment? If you have an opportunity to get a job interview, you might want to prepare for your answers so you can have a greater chance of getting the job.
When you get the call, prepare your resume, credentials, and put on your best suit. Be sure to answer the questions as completely as you can. You also will need to explain your answers thoroughly.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences that the OFW shared on the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
How to Ace that Interview
Passing the interview is one of the crucial steps in getting any job. This portion of the job application is essential because the interviewer or employer will get the chance to know the applicant.
If you are called to attend the interview, make sure to prepare for it. Who knows, you might just get the job you’re applying for?
The YouTube channel of Miss Safiyyah shares valuable advice on how to succeed in your job interview. Take note of her pieces of advice:
- Once you are in front of the interviewer, you should focus your attention on this person.
- Shaking hands with the interviewer will depend on who you are speaking with. If you are a female and conversing with a Muslim, you should not offer to shake hands.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Prepare answers to common interview questions.
- When asked to say something about yourself, you can start by giving your name. You can also provide information about your residence in Qatar and your country of origin. Be sure to provide short and direct answers.
- For your educational attainment, you can provide information about the course you took in college. You can also state the year you received the degree.
- When asked about your job experience, you can start with your most recent job experience. Mention the years that you were affiliated with the company.
- The interviewer could ask for details about your family. The vlogger shares that she did not have any experience being asked about her family. Instead, the interviewer wanted to know about the visa she has and if she has family members with her.
- Interviewers, or potential employers, are interested in the visa that the applicant has. They want to know what steps they would take in case they will hire the applicant. For instance, if the applicant has a tourist visa, then the company will convert it to a work visa.
- Interviewers will also ask the applicant why they should be hired. For this question, you can share your skills and qualifications. You can also mention other responsibilities that you learned from your previous employer.
- Finally, the employer will allow the applicant to ask some questions. At this stage, the applicant can ask for details about the job. If the applicant wants to know about the location, work hours, or salary structure, this is the perfect time to do it.
- The applicant can also ask about the possible work arrangement allowing the employer to discuss the benefits and other allowances.
You can watch the full video here:
Remember to be confident with your answers. You could also provide documents and certificates that support your credentials.
READ NEXT: Pilipino Restaurant and Bakery in Qatar