Applying as a document controller is one of the careers that you can pursue in Qatar. The skills are the same even in other countries. In this article, an OFW shares the basic qualifications and requirements in order for you to apply for this type of job in the state.
ALSO READ: What is the Monthly Salary of a Caregiver in Qatar?
Document controllers need to be organized and know how to use the computer. Some of them learn their jobs along the way.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences that the OFW shared in the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
What You Need to Know If You Want to Become A Document Controller in a Construction Company in Qatar
The YouTube channel of Pinoy Tayo TV discusses the essential qualifications of a document controller. The vlogger works in a construction company. He shares seven important qualifications of a document controller, as follows/
- Must know Windows application, desktop publishing, and database management. They must also know simple Office functions.
- Should know how to relate with different kinds of people. They will meet various clients or suppliers in their day-to-day tasks.
- Should be diplomatic, tactful, creative, well-organized, professional, and emotionally mature. These are desirable qualifications because there will be times when the work can be overwhelming.
- Can work with multiple managers or heads or supervisors. The document controller will report to different supervisors due to the nature of their work. They need to adjust to various management styles. It’s important to get along with everyone.
- Can handle various complex tasks.
- Don’t succumb to pressure easily. They should know how to manage stress because all the documents in the company will be endorsed to the document controller. They will have to process various documents especially if the company has various lines of work.
- Should be good with clerical tasks and managing time. There will be times when some projects should be accomplished in the shortest possible time, so the document controller should be able to deliver. Time management is important, especially if the stack of documents has doubled.
The vlogger also shares that documents are important in Qatar since these are needed in every project. Also, document controllers are responsible for the safekeeping and producing the documents that may be needed in the future. Some of the documents could be used in collecting payment.
And if the document controllers cannot produce the needed paperwork, may end up taking the blame for the failure in the project. Finally, document controllers may also do clerical and administrative tasks depending on the assignment that they will receive.
You can watch the full video here:
Average Salary of Document Controller
According to Indeed.com, the average monthly salary of a document controller is QAR 4,198. Some similar careers are document control clerk, quality controller, inventory controller, credit controller, project administrator, and controller.
Ziprecruiter.com states that the responsibilities of a document controller are to organize and manage the documents of either the company, or team, or project. They are responsible for numbering, sorting, filing, and retrieving the documents that may be needed. The document controller must understand some basic technical terms used in the company to better manage the documents for filing.
No university degree will lead to becoming a document controller. But most companies require that their employee should have a bachelor’s or associate degree. Construction, education, engineering, and medical companies are some of the industries that may require a document controller.
READ NEXT: Working as a Barista in Doha, Qatar – What You Need to Know