The Qatar International Food Festival (QIFF) is the most awaited festival this March 2019. It is a multi-cultural annual festival in Qatar, which showcases the Kingdom’s diverse food, beverage, and hospitality offerings.
This year, QIFF is all set to take place on March 20 until March 30, 2019 at the Oxygen Park, a 130,000-square meter park located in Qatar Foundation (QF).
Qatar International Food Festival 2019 Highlights
As the QIFF mark its 10th year anniversary, many exciting events await food enthusiasts. Here are some of the highlights of the upcoming QIFF 2019:
This year, residents and visitors of QIFF will get a chance to explore the impressively designed and landscaped Oxygen Park and other amenities within the premises, such as Qatar National Library, the Minaretein building (Education City Mosque), Qur’anic Botanic Garden and Torba Farmers Market.
About 150 Food and Beverage (F&B) stalls will be spread over three dedicated areas at “Green Lung,” one of the most gorgeous and picturesque venues in Qatar.
Area 01 will offer main course specialties, Area 02 will focus on kid-friendly foods and activities and Area 03 will be dedicated for cafes and light food, paired with private seating areas where pre-set menus will be served.
SMALL & MEDIUM ENTREPRENEURS
Fifteen percent (15%) of the spaces will be dedicated to up-and-coming entrepreneurs and local Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), to provide them with a suitable platform for introducing their F&B offerings in the market. Some of these entrepreneurs offer local produce straight from Qatari farms.
Around 30 international and local chefs from 14 countries will be present at the Live Cooking Theatre, the crowd’s favorite part of the festival. These chefs include:
- Masharu Morimoto (US Iron Chef – Japan)
- Manal Al Alem (Celebrity chef, TV host & Author – Jordan)
- Aisha Al Tamimi (Celebrity chef & food programme presenter – Qatar)
- Noora Al Kuwari (Renowned Chef and Health Coach – Qatar)
- Richard Sandoval (Critically-acclaimed Chef, Global Restaurateur & Cookbook Author – USA)
- Jameela Al Lenqawi (Celebrity Chef & TV host- Kuwait)
- Tasneem Al NasrAllah (Celebrity Chef – Kuwait)
- Ranveer Brar (Chef, TV show host, judge and food stylist – India)
- Noora Al Mazroui (Celebrity Chef – Qatar)
- Eric Lanlard (Pâtissier and celebrity chef – France)
- Al Yazi Al Waad (Celebrity Chef – Kuwait)
- Ameena Mussa (Celebrity Chef – Qatar)
- Sarra Al Sayed (Owner & Founder of Bakeries and Consultations company – Qatar)
- Hend Salah (Celebrity Chef – Qatar)
- Siba Mtongana (Celebrity chef, TV show host and judge 0 South Africa)
- Goila Saranch (Chef and restaurateur – India)
- Jenny Morris (celebrity chef and radio personality – South Africa)
- Stephane Bucholzer (Executive Chef W Doha Hotel & residences – France)
- Dominique Ansel (Celebrity pastry chef and restaurateur- France)
- Salma Soleiman (Chef & TV show host – Egypt)
- Wafik Belaid (Chef & TV show host – Tunisia)
- Chef Belkhams (Celebrity Chef – Qatar)
- Chef Hassan (Chef at We café – Qatar)
- Stephane Buchholzer,
- Elif Edes Tapan (Turkey)
- Jason Atherton (UK)
- Francesco Scala (Italy)
- Shane Macneill (Ireland)
- Rusly Ahmed (Sri Lanka)
Residents and visitors of the QIFF will get a unique chance to join internationally renowned chefs in an interactive and cooking experience in some select 5-star restaurants. They will have the chance to be with chefs like Chef Nobu Matsuhissa (a Japanese celebrity chef and restaurateur), acclaimed US Chef Richard Sandoval, Francesco Scala and Shane Macneill from Novikov Doha, Chef Eric Lanlard, Jason Atherton and International Barista Trainer Sam Cevikoz.
For those who aspire to be chefs in the future, they can register in Masterclasses and learn from celebrity chefs like Masaharu Morimoto, Barista Sam Cevikoz, SIba Mtongana, Jenny Morris, Salma Souleiman, Wafik Belaid and Jason Atherton. The masterclasses will be held at Chef’s Garden Restaurant in Education City.
More than 35 restaurants and cafes will offer mouthwatering three-course meals at discounted prices of 45 QAR, 95 QAR and 125 QAR during the festival.
SCHOOLS ACTIVATION AT QATAR NATIONAL LIBRARY
In cooperation with the Qatar Foundation, a healthy food and nutrition awareness program is launched in at least 50 schools across Qatar, aiming to help the students distinguish between healthy nutrition and unhealthy foods, and understand the benefits and harms of each.
Local chefs will be preparing healthy and tasty snacks in front of the students, in order to help these youngsters gain a visual understanding of where food comes from and help them appreciate the healthy alternatives to common snacks. Some of the local chefs in the event are Ayman Nasser Al-Din, Youssef Oweida, Deldar Hussein, Noora All Mazroui, Sarah Al Sayed, Warda Ibrahim and Coach Noora Al Kuwari.
WAIT! THERE’S MORE!
To make the atmosphere more festive, exciting entertainment awaits the residents and visitors of QIFF 2019. Watch out for live performances, cultural shows and roaming entertainment all throughout the day at the main festival stage. The festival will also showcase food and cultural offerings, in line with the Qatar-India Year of Culture 2019.
Meanwhile, if you are not a fan of Qatari cuisine, you can check out these popular Filipino restaurants in Qatar for a taste of Filipino cuisine. Just remember that these restaurants do not offer pork dishes.