When you are in Al Khor, one of the places you can visit is the Al Khor Park and Zoo. It is considered one of the oldest wildlife parks in the country.
After undergoing renovation, the family park boasts additional sections that feature more zoo animals. Both children and adults can visit the environmental and entertainment sections that appeal to their interests.
Park for the Whole Family
The Al Khor Park and Zoo holds the distinction of being one of the oldest wildlife parks and largest zoo in the country. It spans 240,000 square meters. The park is divided into the environmental and entertainment section. With so many sights to see, it should not be surprising that this place is a favorite tourist spot.
Here are the places you can visit in the park:
- Birds section that has about 49 bird species. If you are a bird watcher, you will surely enjoy the different species featured in the park such as parrots and lovebirds.
- Wildcats section that includes cheetah, tigers, and jaguars. The zoo has a unique design that allows visitors like you to see the animal up close.
- Primate species section that includes chimpanzees and baboons. The zoo animals stay in a barn, for better viewing of the visitors.
- Unique wild animals like the rhinoceros, giraffe, zebra, and crocodiles.
- Kids’ play area that has rubber flooring. The playground design ensures that the children are safe as they play.
The adults can also enjoy facilities like to golf course, skating rink, and museums. There is also a waterfall in the park for those who want to relax.
Nighttime is also enjoyable for some visitors because squirrels come out during this period. Their cage is specially designed to allow guests to take a closer look at these small animals.
Video: Tour of Al Khor Park
This YouTube video gives you a glimpse of what the park looks like. Since the place reopened, it has accepted more visitors every day. Take a look:
Adult: QR 15
Children: QR 10 (for 10 years old and below)
Train ride for the zoo: QR 5
According to the park’s Facebook page, visitors can also buy park tickets at Al Meera branches in Airport Hyper, Al-Hayat Plaza, Gulf Mall, Al-Thakira, Al-Khor, Al-Wakrah, Al-Shamal, and Al-Mansoura.
As reported in Peninsula Qatar, the park has plans to introduce a mobile app to allow visitors to buy tickets online.
Hours of Operation: 8 AM to 10 PM daily
Mini zoo: 8 AM to 6 PM
Ticketing window: until 8 PM only
Daily: Family visitors
Sunday: general public
Tuesday: Exclusive for women and children only
How To Get There
The park is located in Al Shamal Road going to Al Khor City. If you are in Al Khor, you can take public transport to get to the park. And if you will bring a private vehicle, you do not have to worry about parking.
If you are in the area, you can also go to other famous destinations like the Al Bayt Stadium. The stadium is one of the venues of the FIFA World Cup.
READ NEXT: Pilipino Restaurant and Bakery in Qatar