3 Ways to Change Your PHCC in Qatar

In Qatar, the Primary Health Care Center (PHCC) is responsible for offering medical services to citizens and residents. There are numerous clinics in various municipalities all over the country to provide healthcare, medical assistance, and education.

ALSO READ: 5 Reasons to Take Burnout Seriously

You have to apply for a health card to avail of the healthcare services, including the Hamad Hospital. Registration will be done at the facility nearest your residence because this is where you will go for a consultation and other concerns. If you have a health card, you can go to the medical facility for consultation at a subsidized rate. Even the medicines at the pharmacy are also subsidized.

medical consultation

Changing Registration Details with PHCC

Whether you are a citizen or a resident of Qatar, you are required to register with the nearest health center to be able to utilize its services. This health facility will be your destination for check-ups and other non-threatening medical cases.

But what if you need to change your health center? Some possible reasons would be a change of residence, employer, or sponsorship status. There are three ways to request.

PHCC E-Services Portal

To begin your request, you will go https://www.phcc.gov.qa/EService-GuestPage, the e-service portal of PHCC.

The requirements to use the portal are valid QID, valid health card, proof of residency, and must be 18 years old and above.

Here are the steps to register:

  • Register with the National Authentication System https://www.nas.gov.qa/idp/public/authn/password
  • You will be directed to the e-services page of PHCC.
  • Click “Change My Health Center”
  • When you get to the page, put “Applicant Name” and “Select Reason for Transfer” and the new “Address of Residence.”
  • Once you added your new residence, refresh the page to show the new address you reported
  • The portal will automatically select the health center nearest your residence
  • Scroll down the page of “Change My Health Center” to submit the following documents: copy of the Applicant ID, and rental contract or Kahramaa bill. A copy of the QID of the sponsor parent may also be requested.
  • Before submitting the request, you need to consent to get a new family physician in your new health center. You will also consent to the cancellation of any appointments in your previous health center, and schedule the appointment at the new facility.

Nar’aakom app

You also have the option to change your health center online, whether you are a citizen or Qatar ID holder, by using the Nar’aakom app.

Here are the steps:

  • When you open the Nar’aakom app, you will be directed to the National Authentication System
  • Click the “E-services” option
  • Click ”Change Health Center”
  • Select “Applicant Name”
  • Encode “Building Name,” “Zone Number,” and “Street Number” then click “Fetch Your Catchment Area.” To find the street number, look at the address blue plate of your house.
  • Choose “Reason for Transfer Health Center” then “Submit.”
  • You will be required to submit these documents: both sides of the applicant’s QID, a rental contract, or Kahramaa bill under the sponsor’s name. You might also be required to submit a copy of the housing contract.
  • Just as you would apply through the e-services portal, the system will choose the nearest health center.
  • You will also agree to get a family at the new health center. You also agree to schedule an appointment at the new health facility.
  • Take note that you need to wait for confirmation from the PHCC that you have changed the health center.
  • You will not be allowed to submit another request if you have a pending request through the app.

Requesting in person

If you want to change the health center in person, here are the steps to follow:

  • Go to your current health center and request the documents you will need for the transfer
  • Once you have the documents, present these to the health center where you are planning to transfer. Some of the paperwork you need to show is a copy of the applicant’s QID, sponsor’s QID, a rental contract, or Kahramaa bill with the sponsor’s name. you might also be required to present the housing contract
  • If you are not eligible for transfer, the health center personnel might request more documents. When these are enough, the personnel will give you a “No Objection Certificate.” You will return to the health center to get the certificate.
  • Once you get the “No Objection Certificate,’ bring it to the old health center to get approval.
  • You may have to wait for about a week to change the health center. You can call 107 to get an update about your application.

READ NEXT: What is the Monthly Salary of a Caregiver in Qatar?