Be with your family. Convert the family visit visa to residence visa in Qatar. ©Juanedc/Flickr
Initially, the family visit visa is granted for one month and can be extended for another five months for first and second-degree relatives and in-laws (Father, Mother, Sister and Children). For other relatives, it can be extended only for two months. As stated in the Ministry of Interior Qatar.
Should you wish to convert it to family residence visa, the Hukoomi of Qatar states that expats or employees who wish to bring their family in Qatar can apply for family residence visa only after getting an approval from the Ministry of Interior. And you must be earning at least QR10,000 to be allowed to sponsor your family.
Get the complete process for family visa application at Hukoomi Portal ©Hukoomi Portal of Qatar
Guide to Changing a Family Visa (Visit) to a Residence Visa in Qatar
After obtaining an approval from MOI, you have to follow the process on how you can convert the family visit visa to permanent residence visa, and this is according to the Hukoomi Portal of Qatar.
- Download and fill out the application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- A copy of employer QID.
- A copy of the valid passport of the person to be brought in.
- An attested copy of marriage contract and birth certificate for children.
- An attested copy of the employment contract proving job and salary.
- A certificate of good conduct for adults attested by relevant authorities.
Reminder: The marriage contract and birth certificate(s) of the people to be brought in should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of your country and The Qatar Embassy in your country.
Bear in mind that this is an important transaction, and it will be a lengthy process, so you have to be prepared for the long queues and long wait. Completing the necessary requirements would also mean a long process.
Additional Information in Completing the Family Residence Visa Application
The following are additional information for the family residence visa application. Again, as per requirement of the Hukoomi of Qatar:
- The form should be typed in Arabic and name & data should be typed as written in the passport.
- All copies should be clear and original documents are required when for visibility submitting the application for approval.
- The applicant should pass the medical test outside the country as per the mechanism laid by the concerned authorities.
- Any other conditions deemed necessary by the relevant authority in this regard will be applicable.
- To cancel the visa, please visit the centers affiliated to the General Directorate of Border Passports and Expatriates Affairs.
Submit requirements at the Immigration Office located in Madinat, Doha ©Wesley Fryer/Flickr
Upon completion, you need to submit all these requirements to the immigration office which is located in Madinat Khalifa in Doha.
The visa issuance fee is QR200. And for each family member whose visa will be converted to residence visa, a charge of QR100 will be required.
Note: For those working in the government agencies in Qatar, the letter from your employer needs to be approved by the Ministry of Civil Service Affairs and Housing.