Living in Qatar, a vibrant and thriving country known for its rich cultural heritage and stunning modern architecture, offers its residents a unique experience. As residents go about their daily lives, it is crucial to ensure that their homes remain clean and hygienic, providing a safe and healthy environment for themselves and their families. While regular cleaning routines play a vital role in maintaining cleanliness, home cleaning experts emphasize the significance of a deep clean, especially in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Having said that, let us explore the concept of deep clean, its distinctions from standard or regular cleaning, and the reasons why entrusting this task to a professional is essential for the well-being of those residing in Qatar. Keep on reading.
The Difference Between Standard and Deep Cleaning
Standard cleaning is the routine maintenance that ensures a home remains fresh and presentable on a regular basis.
Typically performed once or twice a week, it involves basic tasks such as wiping tables, collecting pet hair, dusting carpets, and taking out the trash.
A deep clean, however, is a more thorough and extensive process that addresses dirt and grime that has accumulated over months.
Neglected areas like windowsills, wall corners, and the top of cabinets require a deep clean as they are not frequently touched during regular cleaning sessions, especially for OFWs who are working most of the time.
The accumulation of dust and dirt in these areas necessitates a more intensive cleaning effort.
Additionally, deep clean involves tackling hard-to-reach spots that are not addressed on a weekly basis.
Due to its comprehensive nature, deep house cleaning demands considerably more time and effort compared to standard cleaning.
While standard cleaning keeps the house comfortable and welcoming by removing spills, crumbs, and surface dust, deep cleaning is reserved for instances when neglected areas show visible signs of dirt and neglect, such as cobwebs on wall corners, stained bathroom tiles, or a greasy microwave.
Benefits of a Deep House Clean
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: A deep house clean eliminates dust, allergens, and pollutants that accumulate over time. Thoroughly cleaning surfaces, carpets, upholstery, and hard-to-reach areas helps to improve indoor air quality, reducing the risk of allergies and respiratory issues.
- Removal of Stubborn Stains and Grime: A deep clean targets stubborn stains, grease, and grime that accumulate over months or years. Whether it’s on carpets, upholstery, tiles, or kitchen appliances, a deep clean can restore surfaces to their original cleanliness and beauty.
- Enhanced Hygiene and Sanitation: Regular cleaning can maintain basic cleanliness, but a deep house clean ensures a higher level of hygiene and sanitation. Disinfecting surfaces, sanitizing bathrooms, and eliminating bacteria and germs help create a healthier living environment for you and your family.
- Preservation of Surfaces and Materials: A deep clean plays a vital role in preserving and prolonging the lifespan of your home’s surfaces and materials. Regular maintenance prevents the build-up of dirt, grime, and corrosive substances that can deteriorate and damage surfaces over time, such as hardwood floors, tiles, and countertops.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: A deep house clean can contribute to improved energy efficiency. Removing dust and dirt from appliances, vents, and filters ensures optimal performance and reduces energy consumption. Clean windows and lighting fixtures also allow more natural light to enter your home, reducing the need for artificial lighting.
- Stress Reduction: Living in a clean and organized environment can have a positive impact on your mental well-being. A clutter-free and pristine home promotes relaxation, reduces stress levels, and enhances overall peace of mind. Coming home to a clean and welcoming space can provide a sense of comfort and tranquility.
- Boosted Productivity and Focus: A clean and organized home can significantly impact your productivity and focus. Removing distractions, such as clutter, allows you to concentrate better on tasks, leading to increased efficiency and effectiveness in your daily activities.
- Sense of Pride and Satisfaction: Completing a deep house clean can give you a sense of accomplishment and pride in your living space. Knowing that you have taken the time to thoroughly clean and maintain your home can enhance your overall satisfaction and enjoyment of your living environment.
When Is a Deep Clean Necessary?
Keeping your living space clean and well-maintained is essential for a comfortable and healthy environment. While regular cleaning is necessary for day-to-day maintenance, there are certain instances when a deep clean becomes necessary.
- Accumulation of Dust and Grime: Over time, dust and grime can accumulate in hard-to-reach areas, such as windowsills, wall corners, and the top of cabinets. When you start noticing a significant buildup of dirt in these areas, it’s a clear sign that a deep clean is needed. Regular dusting may not be sufficient, and a thorough cleaning is necessary to eliminate the accumulated dust and grime.
- Neglected Areas: Certain parts of your home may be less frequently cleaned during routine maintenance. These areas include behind furniture, under appliances, and in storage spaces like basements or attics. Neglecting these areas for an extended period can lead to the accumulation of dirt, cobwebs, and even pests. A deep clean should be scheduled to address these neglected spaces and restore cleanliness throughout your home.
- Lingering Odors: Persistent odors, despite your best efforts to eliminate them, can indicate the need for a deep clean. Odors can be caused by various factors such as pet accidents, food spills, or mold growth. Deep cleaning surfaces, upholstery, and carpets can help eliminate the source of the odor and freshen up your living space.
- Stains and Spills: Spills and stains that have been left unattended can become more difficult to remove over time. Whether it’s a carpet stain, a greasy kitchen surface, or bathroom tiles with hard-to-remove grime, these stubborn marks require a deeper level of cleaning. A thorough deep clean with appropriate cleaning agents and techniques can help restore the affected areas to their original cleanliness.
- Seasonal Cleaning: Some homeowners prefer to conduct a deep clean during seasonal transitions, such as spring or fall. These deep clean sessions focus on tasks like washing windows, cleaning curtains, shampooing carpets, and decluttering storage areas. Seasonal deep clean helps maintain a fresh and organized home, removing any built-up dirt or clutter from the previous season.
What Does a Deep House Clean Include?
A deep clean is a comprehensive process that involves a thorough cleaning of various areas and items in your home. To provide you with a better understanding of what a deep clean entails, let’s explore each room and the specific tasks involved.
Kitchen Deep Clean:
In addition to standard kitchen cleaning tasks like wiping countertops and floors, deep clean professionals go the extra mile.
They not only clean the exterior of appliances but also tackle the interior.
This includes degreasing the inside of the microwave, removing stove grates for soaking and cleaning, and emptying the refrigerator for thorough wiping and disinfection.
Cupboards are emptied, and the insides are wiped down with warm water and soap. The garbage can is emptied, washed, and disinfected before being left to dry.
Bedroom Deep Clean:
During deep clean, special attention is given to areas in the bedroom that are often neglected, such as under the bed and on top of wardrobes.
All surfaces, including bedposts, vanity, and mirrors, are wiped down.
Beddings are removed and cleaned, while rugs are vacuumed and the floor is mopped before placing the rug back in its place.
Living Area Deep Clean:
A deep clean in the living area involves washing curtains and vacuuming furniture.
Tables, bookshelves, and cabinets are thoroughly wiped down, and carpets are vacuumed and temporarily removed for floor mopping.
Electronics are wiped down and disinfected, and attention is given to baseboards, light fixtures, and ceiling fans.
Some deep-cleaning services may also include window cleaning.
Bathroom Deep Clean:
The bathroom greatly benefits from a deep clean.
The process begins by removing and washing shower curtains to eliminate dirt and stains.
Cleaning the grout is essential, as it tends to stain over time and can harbor mold and mildew.
Deep cleaners spray the bathroom walls, allowing the cleaning solution to soak before scrubbing away stubborn grout stains.
The bathtub, showerhead, and soap scum are also thoroughly cleaned.
Attention is given to the toilet, with a comprehensive cleaning of the bowl and removal of any stains.
The exterior of the water tank is scrubbed or wiped down. Cabinets and sink areas are washed and disinfected, and mirrors, light fixtures, and windows are often included in the cleaning process.
Deep clean services provide a comprehensive approach to thoroughly clean and refresh your home. By addressing often-neglected areas and performing detailed tasks, a deep clean helps restore a clean and inviting environment.
How Long Does a Deep Clean Take?
A deep house cleaning session usually extends beyond an hour per room due to the comprehensive nature of the process.
The cleaning professionals need to go through several steps to thoroughly clean all surfaces and appliances in each room.
Additionally, they allocate extra time to tackle hard-to-reach areas that require more attention and effort.
The duration of the cleaning session is also influenced by the extent of accumulated dirt and stains that need to be addressed.
Stubborn stains, such as those on bathroom grout, may necessitate multiple cleaning steps and additional time for thorough scrubbing.
Furthermore, the size of your house directly impacts the duration of a deep house cleaning service. Larger houses naturally require more time to clean each room effectively, ensuring no area is left untouched.
How Much Does a Deep Clean Session Cost?
A deep house cleaning goes beyond the typical tasks performed during regular cleaning sessions.
Professional cleaners dedicate additional time and effort to thoroughly clean every nook and cranny, utilizing specialized products and techniques.
As a result, the cost of deep clean services is typically higher compared to standard or regular cleaning.
It’s important to be prepared for this difference in pricing when seeking a deep clean for your home.
The extra investment is justified by the meticulous attention to detail and the comprehensive cleaning provided, ensuring a deeply refreshed and revitalized living space.
On average, you can expect to pay around QAR 200 to QAR 400 (around USD 54 to USD 108) for a deep house cleaning session in Qatar.
How to Perform a Deep House Clean
Performing a deep house clean allows you to tackle accumulated dirt and grime in your home, leaving it refreshed and revitalized. Follow this step-by-step guide to effectively perform a deep clean session.
- Plan and Prepare:
- Set aside a dedicated day or weekend for a deep clean session to ensure you have sufficient time.
- Make a checklist of all the areas and tasks that need attention.
- Gather the necessary cleaning supplies such as microfiber cloths, cleaning solutions, a vacuum cleaner, mop, and gloves.
- Declutter and Organize:
- Begin by decluttering each room, removing any unnecessary items or clutter that may hinder the cleaning process.
- Organize belongings and put them in their designated places.
- Dust from Top to Bottom:
- Start at the highest point in each room and work your way down. Dust ceiling corners, light fixtures, fans, and vents.
- Dust shelves, furniture, and other surfaces using microfiber cloths or dusters.
- Don’t forget to wipe down baseboards, door frames, and window sills.
- Deep Clean Carpets and Upholstery:
- Vacuum carpets thoroughly, paying extra attention to high-traffic areas.
- Spot treat any stains on carpets or upholstery using appropriate cleaners.
- Consider steam cleaning carpets for a more thorough result, following manufacturer instructions.
- Clean Windows and Glass:
- Remove dust and dirt from windows, frames, and sills using a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth.
- Polish mirrors and other glass surfaces to a streak-free shine.
- Scrub Bathrooms and Kitchens:
- In the bathroom, clean the toilet, sink, bathtub, and shower. Use appropriate cleaners and scrub away grime.
- Pay attention to tiles, grout, and faucets. Clean and disinfect surfaces as needed.
- In the kitchen, clean appliances, countertops, and cabinets using suitable cleaners. Don’t forget the inside of the oven and refrigerator.
- Tackle Hard-to-Reach Areas:
- Clean behind and under furniture, reaching for dust and dirt that accumulates in hidden spots.
- Dust and wipe down light fixtures, blinds, and curtains.
- Vacuum or wipe down hard-to-reach areas such as behind radiators or on top of cabinets.
- Floors and Baseboards:
- Vacuum or sweep floors to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Mop hard floors using a suitable cleaner, ensuring to reach corners and edges.
- Clean and wipe down baseboards using a damp cloth.
- Don’t Forget the Details:
- Clean light switches, doorknobs, and handles throughout the house.
- Launder or replace curtains, rugs, and bedding as necessary.
- Empty and clean trash cans and replace liners.
- Finishing Touches:
- Open windows to let in fresh air and improve ventilation.
- Take a step back and admire your sparkling clean home!
Remember, deep clean is a comprehensive process that may require more time and effort than regular cleaning. Feel free to adapt this guide based on your specific needs and preferences. By following these steps, you’ll be able to perform a thorough deep house clean, leaving your home looking and feeling its best.
Video: Deep Cleaning Neglected Old Floors | Deep Cleaned | Insider
Deep clean can be applied to any part of a room. One of the most challenging areas to clean are the floors since there’s always foot traffic in the house.
In this informative video, join three seasoned professionals as they guide us through the process of deep cleaning old, waxy, and heavily soiled floors that have been neglected for years.
From the challenge of uneven tiles in an old bank to the intricate beauty of centuries-old terrazzo flooring in a historic dorm and the timeless elegance of classic hardwood floors, witness the transformation as these works of art are brought back to life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a deep clean?
Deep cleaning refers to a thorough and comprehensive cleaning process that goes beyond regular cleaning. It involves tackling accumulated dirt, grime, and hard-to-reach areas that are typically neglected during routine cleaning sessions.
2. How often should I schedule a deep clean for my home in Qatar?
The frequency of deep clean depends on various factors such as the size of your home, the number of occupants, and lifestyle factors. Generally, it is recommended to schedule a deep clean session every 3 to 6 months to maintain a clean and healthy living environment.
3. Can I perform a deep clean myself, or should I hire professionals?
While you can certainly perform a deep clean yourself, hiring professionals can ensure a more thorough and efficient result. Professional cleaners have the expertise, experience, and specialized equipment to tackle tough cleaning tasks and deliver exceptional results.
4. What areas are typically included in a deep cleaning service?
A deep clean service typically covers all areas of your home, including high-touch surfaces, floors, carpets, windows, bathrooms, kitchens, and hard-to-reach spots. It involves detailed cleaning and disinfection to eliminate built-up dirt, grime, and germs.
5. How long does a deep cleaning session usually take?
The duration of a deep clean session depends on various factors, including the size of your home and its current condition. On average, a deep clean session can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day, especially for larger homes or those with extensive cleaning requirements.
6. What are the costs associated with deep cleaning in Qatar?
The cost of deep clean services in Qatar can vary depending on factors such as the size of your home, the scope of cleaning required, and the cleaning company you hire. On average, expect to pay around QAR 200 to QAR 400 for a deep clean session. Please note that prices may vary, so it’s advisable to request quotes from cleaning service providers.
7. Are eco-friendly or specialized cleaning products used during deep cleaning?
Many cleaning companies in Qatar offer eco-friendly and non-toxic cleaning options for a deep clean. These products are designed to minimize environmental impact while still providing effective cleaning results. Additionally, specialized products may be used for specific surfaces such as hardwood, terrazzo, or delicate materials to ensure proper care and maintenance.
8. Do I need to be present during the deep cleaning session?
It is not necessary for you to be present during the deep clean session if you hire professional cleaners. However, it’s recommended to be available initially to discuss your specific cleaning requirements and ensure that any valuable or delicate items are appropriately handled or secured.
In conclusion, living in Qatar presents a unique opportunity to experience the beauty and vibrancy of the country. As residents navigate their daily lives, maintaining a clean and hygienic home becomes crucial for a safe and healthy environment.
While regular cleaning routines are important, deep clean takes cleanliness to a whole new level, particularly in the context of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
By understanding the differences between a deep clean and standard cleaning, residents in Qatar can appreciate the importance of entrusting this task to professional cleaners.
With their expertise and specialized tools, professionals can effectively eliminate deep-seated dirt, allergens, and pathogens, ensuring a pristine and healthy living space.
READ NEXT: How Much Does a Cleaner in Qatar Earn?