By now, you might have noticed that the heat of Qatar is upon us. The summer season has just started, and we have about a few more months to go. We’ve gathered a few tips to help you survive the scorching temperature.
Since we live in the Middle East, the heat is part of our daily lives, but it can get really uncomfortable during the summer months. It’s good that we find ways to beat the heat and keep cool. These tips we’ve listed below will help you.
5 Tips to Beat the Heat this Summer Season
- Drink water so you can replenish the liquids lost when you perspire. Chilled water is very helpful during these times. Also, don’t drink caffeine because you will get dehydrated.
- Apply sunscreen on your skin before going out. It will protect your skin from UV rays. Choose sunscreens with SPF 15 or higher.
- Wear light colored clothing because these will not absorb the heat. Some also wear long sleeved clothing to protect their arms from the sun’s rays. Avoid wearing fitted clothes during these times to allow your skin to breathe.
- Take a bath daily to feel refreshed. If your concern is the hot water coming out of your shower, you can collect water in a pail and use it the next time. That way, the water has cooled off.
- Stay indoors during the hottest hours of the day. Should you need to go out, do it early in the morning or at night when it is much cooler. There are plenty of recreational activities you can do in malls so you can still go out while being in cooler surroundings.
Even if we dread the summer season, there are ways to survive it. These are just some tips to help you adapt to the heat. We hope you are guided by these tips. If you have some other suggestions, do share with us in the Comments section!