Emergencies, accidents, tragedies, etc. are mostly out of your control. But we can do our best by not panicking whenever these situations arise. In case of emergencies, it is important to know the telephone numbers in Qatar so you can call the proper authorities for help.
Here are some important Qatar emergency numbers you can take note for future reference. It’s a best practice to make these numbers big so kids will not have a hard time reading. You can make copies of a complete list near a telephone and on the fridge. Make sure you also keep a copy for yourself when you are outside.
List of Qatar Emergency Numbers
- Police, Fire, Ambulance – 999
- Telephone Directory – 180
- International calls – 150
- Kahramaa – 991
- Internet Service – 111
- Traffic & Patrol Police Department – 4890666
- Hamad Hospital – +974 4392111
- Flight Enquiries – +974 4622999
- General Post Office – +974 4466000
- Doha Seaport – +974 4464660
- Doha Airport – +974 4656666
- Directorate of Immigration, Passports and Naturalization – +974 882882
- Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation – +974 4494444
- Al Jazeera Satellite Channel – +974 4890890
- Qatar Tourism Authority – +974 4411555
- Qatar Telecom (Q-Tel) – +974 4400400
- Qatar Radio and Television – +974 4894444
- Weather Info – +974 9001009
Note: Under the national re-numbering plan, all telephone numbers in Qatar beginning with 3,4,5,6 and 7 have been changed to eight-digit numbers (the first number will have to be repeated…for instance number beginning with 3 will have to be dialed as 33) effective July 2010. The numbers beginning with 1, 2, 8 and 9 remains unaltered. However, all emergency numbers within Qatar, including 999 and 112 remains unaffected, while the country code continues to remain the same.
It would be wise to save these numbers, if you have questions or need to ask for assistance, don’t hesitate to call. So be prepared… hope for the best and keep safe!