The approaching winter season makes it conducive to go out of the house and enjoy the cool temperature. And what better way to spend it in one of the many parks in Qatar? Take for example, the MIA Park which is located beside the Museum of Islamic Art.
MIA Park has some attractions that the family can enjoy. They can rent a bike or go to the playground. A visit to the nearby museum might also be worth their time.
The Museum of Islamic Art Park – Activities
In order to make their visit to the park worth their while, here are some suggestions:
- Spend time at the playground – children of different ages will enjoy the play areas. These are grouped for ages 2 -5 years old, 5-12 years old and 12 – 16 years. Use of the equipment is free. On the other hand, the bungee trampoline costs 25QR per session. Playground follows the park operating hours.
- Rent a bike – bike rental in MIA Park resumed in October. Bikes can be rented for 30QR per hour. Bikes are available from 4pm until midnight.
- Go on a picnic – there are picnic baskets available from MIA Park Cafe. A picnic basket costs 50QR, where one can fill it up with food of their choice. Meanwhile, for 110QR, enjoy a set menu that can be eaten by two. While eating, feel free to enjoy the view of the West Bay.
- Visit the bazaar – the bazaars aim to have a feel of the souq. Buying from these stalls also support local vendors.
- Get fit – enrol in fitness classes at the park. These are held on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 7pm. There is also a bootcamp for more intensive training. On the other hand, the Paddlefit involves paddle board training and kayaking. It is a fun and challenging way to get fit.
MIA Park offers various other activities from time to time. It is also best to contact the park for the latest activities. On the other hand, visitors can stroll the park at their own pace. It is a nice way to enjoy the outdoors.