For those who are planning to visit Qatar and have already applied for a visa, you can check your visa online by visiting the Ministry of Interior website. Here’s a guide to help you how you can view it on the internet.
The Ministry of Interior in Qatar has outlined an easy online step-by-step guide to help you know and check the status of your Qatar visa application by going through the MOI Qatar portal. You only need to have your passport number or visa number and you check the status of your Qatar eVisa if it is valid or not.
Why It’s Important to Verify Accuracy of Visa
Possession of a valid visa is necessary because it is a proof that you are welcome in your host country. It should be accurate and authentic so that the immigration officials will not detain you or be suspicious of your intentions.
Make sure to contract the services of a legitimate company when you are applying for your visa. Otherwise, you might get a fake document that could cause trouble for you in the long run. On the other hand, even if you are dealing with an authorized company, they might not encode the accurate information about you.
Finally, it’s possible that the immigration officials will send you home if your visa is fake or inaccurate. You would only waste time and money if you do not push through with your trip. These reasons should convince you to verify your visa while you still have the time.
- Why It’s Important to Verify Accuracy of Visa
- Inquire Visa Status Through MOI Qatar Portal
- Qatar Visa Check by Passport Number
- Walk-Through on How to Check the Status of your Qatar Visa Online
- Video: Viewing the Status of Your Qatar Visa Application
- Check Your Qatar Visa Status Through App
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What information do I need to provide in order to check the status of my Qatar visa application?
- 2. The MOI Qatar website says that my visa is invalid. What does it mean?
- 3. What other services can I get from the MOI Qatar website?
- 4. How much does it cost to get a Qatar visit visa?
- 5. How can I check if my visa is cancelled?
- 6. What information is posted on my Qatari Visa?
- 7. How long does it take to process Qatar visa?
- 8. Can I extend my visa?
- Contact Information
- Passport Number or
- Visa Number
Inquire Visa Status Through MOI Qatar Portal
The website link of the Qatar Ministry of Interior is – https://portal.moi.gov.qa/wps/portal/MOIInternet/MOIHome
Qatar Visa Check by Passport Number
If you may need one important detail to verify the status of your Qatar eVisa, it is through your passport number. This passport number will be used in the field where you will enter so you can search and know the status of your application. So please make sure to secure this number when you process the search!
Walk-Through on How to Check the Status of your Qatar Visa Online
The Ministry of Interior has posted instructions on how you can view the status of your visa online. Isn’t that good news for us? It is simple enough for us to review and check the status of our visa, it eliminates the hassle and the process just to get a view of your visa.
Once you’re on the site, these screenshots will guide you through:
Step 1: Visit the website link of MOI Qatar and click the Magnifying Glass.
Click on the magnifying glass
Step 2: Click the “Visa Inquiry” Link
click on “visa inquiry”
Step 3: Click the Visa Inquiry and Printing link (Binocular icon)
click on the icon which presents a binoculars
Step 4: Enter your Visa Number or Passport Number. Type the Security Code. Click Submit.
fill out the blanks and press submit
Step 5: After checking your visa’s status, you have the option to get a hard copy by clicking on “Print Visa”.
Video: Viewing the Status of Your Qatar Visa Application
Check out this video published online about the process of Qatar visa status check. Here’s a step by step clip:
Check Your Qatar Visa Status Through App
In the past, you can check the status of your visa either through the MOI website or by going to the Qatar Visa Center (QVC) if it is available in your country. For now, there is a QVC in the Philippines, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and India.
It is now more convenient to check your visa status through an app, called the Qatar Visa Check and Apply. You don’t have to leave your house and fall in line at the embassy or ministry just to know the status of your application.
To start, you can download the app here, which is available on Google Play. This app will give you all the information you need about your visa, whether for work or leisure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about the MOI Qatar website and the visa inquiries:
1. What information do I need to provide in order to check the status of my Qatar visa application?
You only need to provide your passport number, or you may also use your visa number. Go to the MOI website and click the “Visa Services” page. On the corresponding field, you will encode your passport number and the type of visa that is being processed. You will also provide your nationality and the verification code.
Once you have submitted all the details, you can see the visa status. You also have the option to print said status.
2. The MOI Qatar website says that my visa is invalid. What does it mean?
If upon checking the website, you might discover that your visa is invalid. Some of the reasons why your visa shows up with negative results include:
- Your visa may not have been issued yet.
- Your travel agency did not properly process your Qatar visa and it may be fake.
- You received a duplicate visa
3. What other services can I get from the MOI Qatar website?
Some of the other service inquiries you can process from the MOI Qatar Portal include:
- Checking Visa Enquiry and printing
- Checking Visa’s approval and tracking
- RP application tracking and printing
- Checking Traffic violations
- Checking Officials Documents
- Traffic report
- Exit permit inquiry
- Exit permit application form
- Airport entry permit application form
4. How much does it cost to get a Qatar visit visa?
The visa costs for tourism purposes may vary depending on the number of days you will be staying in the country. You may check with the travel agency as well as the official website for more details about each length of stay.
5. How can I check if my visa is cancelled?
You may also use the same step-by-step guide above through the Qatar MOI portal to see if your visa has been cancelled or still valid.
6. What information is posted on my Qatari Visa?
The data published on your actual Qatari visa includes the following:
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number,
- Photo of the visa holder,
- Description of Visa Owner
- Visa type- for work or visit
- Stay Duration
- Date of issue
- Visa Validity
- Visa Status
- Passport Validity
- Sponsor Name, etc.
7. How long does it take to process Qatar visa?
Once you have submitted all the requirements for your visa to the immigration office, the next part is waiting. If your documents are complete and accurate, you can expect to receive your valid visa in about four days.
8. Can I extend my visa?
You can request for extension. To do so, go to the MOI website and click the Visa Extension Service page. You need to log-in with your smartcard to use the e-services feature of the MOI website. Once you can access the e-services, you will encode all the needed information.
You will pay QR 200 for every month that you extend your visa.
That’s it. This is the process of verifying your Qatar visa status online. As you might notice, it is quite easy and as you navigate through the site, you may as well explore other services or options MOI Qatar has to offer.
One of the great places that people visit is Qatar, it’s a great country with many innovations and terrific tourist attractions. With our current technology, it’s been made easier to apply for a passport and a visa, because these can now be done online. So, is your visa already valid? Have a good flight!
Visit the website: https://www.moi.gov.qa/site/english/
Ministry of Interior Qatar
Address: Ministry of Interior – Qatar Building, Corniche Road, P.O. Box: 8895
Telephone Number: +974 236 7111