Heavy rains, strong winds and thunder were experienced in parts of Qatar last night. We advise everyone to be careful when driving or going outside.
Residents should take caution and make sure that you are safe. Weather forecast according to Qatar Weather indicates that the heavy downpour is expected to fall by Friday.
Keep safe everyone!
Photo credit: zenat_el3ain under Creative Commons
Qatar Meteorology Department (QMD) offers some general safety tips:
— أرصاد قطر (@Qatar_Weather) April 14, 2016
– Drive carefully and reduce your speed when it’s raining and don’t take pictures while driving.
– When there is a thunderstorm, try to get indoors to quickly and stop your car if driving in a safe place (keeping windows closed) until the thunderstorm dissipates.
– Avoid going to sea during this period due to unstable weather.
– Qatar Meteorology Department wishes you safety and urges all to follow latest weather updates through it’s official social media accounts.
— from @Qatar_Weather
Here are some posts we’ve gathered on social media posted by residents in Qatar:
— Sachin (@beastsap1) April 15, 2016
— Hooriya Hussain (@hooriya13) April 14, 2016
Museum of Islamic Art – MIA Park
— Ashok Krishnan (@krisashok612) April 14, 2016
Other News Sources:
- DohaNews – http://dohanews.co/lightning-show-dazzles-qatar-storm-moves/
- The Peninsula – http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/news/qatar/378208/chances-of-rain-and-thunder-between-wednesday-and-friday
- Gulf-Times – http://www.gulf-times.com/story/488630/Purple-lightning-with-heavy-rains-lashes-Qatar