All overseas workers need to undergo and pass their medical exams before they can go abroad. Applicants need to go to an accredited clinic for the medical exam.
ALSO READ: Where Should OFWs Buy a House?
A medical exam is essential to make sure that the applicant is in good health. After receiving a clean bill of health from the medical exam, the applicant is one step closer to getting the job abroad.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences shared by the OFW in the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
Reminders Before the Medical Exam for Work in Qatar
If you want to work abroad, one of the requirements is to take the medical exam. Through this procedure, the employer is assured that their employee is healthy and can perform the job once deployed.
Our kababayan, Mariz Masculino, shares her experience when she took her medical exam. In her YouTube post, she also mentions some pointers to help first-timers know what to expect during the procedure.
Here are some reminders for the applicants:
- You will feel hungry and tired while awaiting the procedure. There is a need to fast before getting a blood sample.
- It can be tiring especially if you have to travel to get to the accredited clinic.
- It is advisable to get up early to travel.
- During the procedure, the medical staff will get blood, stool, and urine samples.
- Some clinics require the applicants to produce a stool sample on-site. But if you can ask whether you can bring one, then do so.
- For women, it is not a good idea to give a urine sample right after their period. The medical staff will still see traces of blood in your urine and thus may affect the result of your exam. You can reschedule your medical exam a few days after your last menstruation.
- Women applicants will also get a pregnancy test.
- The medical staff might also ask you to disrobe during the physical exam. This is to check the condition of your body, including the anus. The exam is also an opportunity to check whether the applicant has hidden tattoos.
- You should also make sure that your teeth are in good condition. Before the medical exam, you can go to your dentist to put filling on your teeth, or general cleaning.
- If the dentist advises that any tooth needs extraction, you can follow this advice. Some even get dentures.
- Your eyesight will also be checked.
- All applicants for a job abroad need to undergo a physical exam. If the doctor sees anything wrong with your body, such as tuberculosis, you will be given medication. Once your health condition improves, you can schedule another physical exam. Remember that you will not be cleared until your health condition improves.
- You should also wait until your illness gets better before you go to your medical exam.
- You can also expect to answer a written test, but this is fairly easy so you don’t have to worry about it.
- It will also help to pray for guidance.
- Remember that the physical exam is an essential part of your application. You need to be healthy and free of any illness so you will be allowed to work abroad.
You can watch the video here:
READ NEXT: How Much Does a Chef Earn In Qatar?